Buff Orpingtons

Yep. Any Orpingtons are. I had a black Orp, she was very round and very broody but easy to handle. Just be aware that chickens do have personalities so no two birds are ever the same, one could be nice, one could be mean.

Yep. Any Orpingtons are. I had a black Orp, she was very round and very broody but easy to handle. Just be aware that chickens do have personalities so no two birds are ever the same, one could be nice, one could be mean.
I have four Buff Orpingtons with very different personalities, but in general they are curious and active, often the first to try something new. They're still young, not quite six months old and not laying yet, but I am enjoying them.

I have a BO cockerel. I had three straight run BOs, all boys, and two were unholy terrors when hormones hit at about 4 months. I also bought 3 Black Australorp pullets, and the one remaining cockerel seems to be doing very well with them. He tidbits, watches out for them, and so far overmating is not a problem. I know he's doing his job, because the eggs have been fertile.

I have a BO cockerel. I had three straight run BOs, all boys, and two were unholy terrors when hormones hit at about 4 months. I also bought 3 Black Australorp pullets, and the one remaining cockerel seems to be doing very well with them. He tidbits, watches out for them, and so far overmating is not a problem. I know he's doing his job, because the eggs have been fertile.
Always get the eggs asap in the summer!

Back
Top Bottom