Buff Saddleback Pomeranian Geese

GibsonFamilyFarm

Songster
6 Years
Apr 23, 2018
SFV
Hello! I brought home two goslings at the beginning of April. I purposefully picked two that looked as different as possible (they all looked almost the same) in hopes of getting a pair.
I still do not know what sex they are. I have read that the larger is the male, but I don’t feel that one is showing male characteristics. The smaller of the two has darker feathers and is definitely the more social/vocal one. It is the first one to run toward anyone coming into the yard and stays around us while the other (the larger one) usually strolls off and does its own thing.
I don’t know if any of the pictures I have attached will help. I can add more tomorrow. The smaller one always is in front of the other or between us so I never get a great pic of the bigger one.
Any input/thoughts are appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• 2FF0A89E-3FCF-4267-85F1-A6D6AD96A661.jpeg
    2FF0A89E-3FCF-4267-85F1-A6D6AD96A661.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • F7B834DF-3361-4FE8-805E-C63B78D98344.jpeg
    F7B834DF-3361-4FE8-805E-C63B78D98344.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • E072B73E-2CFB-42C8-A15F-81E95E160547.jpeg
    E072B73E-2CFB-42C8-A15F-81E95E160547.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
I don't have this breed but Toulouse and Embden. My gander was always the most vocal and was the protector of his mate. Sam would stick around while Missy would go off to forage. Of course once he saw she had walked off he followed just like a love sick gander.
Your geese are still young so it might be a while before you know for sure their sexes. They are beautiful!

I don't have this breed but Toulouse and Embden. My gander was always the most vocal and was the protector of his mate. Sam would stick around while Missy would go off to forage. Of course once he saw she had walked off he followed just like a love sick gander.
Your geese are still young so it might be a while before you know for sure their sexes. They are beautiful!
Thank you so much for your reply!
Sam sounds a lot like the one I believe is male and Missy sounds like the one I believe to be female.
Time will tell! 😊

Thank you again for your reply! We love them so much and they have brought us so much joy!

They really are very special. I lost sam back in Feb he was 14 it has been heartbreaking for Missy and me.
Be sure to keep us updated with pictures.
I’m so sorry to hear about Sam! 😢
I will keep everyone posted, especially when I figure out what they are.
I was just outside and the one I think is a male bit my behind!! 😆😆
That’s what I get for not paying attention!

Here is a top pic I was able to get this morning.
The one with the darker bill is most likely a gander. He's better marked (darker) also. The hen has the lighter beak.
They really are very special. I lost sam back in Feb he was 14 it has been heartbreaking for Missy and me.
Be sure to keep us updated with pictures.
Awe. :( I'm so sorry. I'll bet your Muscovy are thrilled.

Back
Top Bottom