buff sikie cock or hen. 35-40 week old being rather noisy now but not a crow as such? anybody any id

thanks a lot for your help everyone!!! Thats the answer iv been hoping for! Im a happy boy now!! I waz really starting to think it waz a roo! In that case.... does anyone know how big the egg would be and how big a favorrels egg would be and what colour? Im starting to wonder if its maybe the silkie thats laying as the egg im getting is pretty small! and only getting around 3 a week?

My silkie started to lay every day/every other day when she came into lay, and she continued laying all through winter. Her eggs weigh about 35g each and are a very pale, pinkish brown off-white colour. I suppose it depends on how big your silkie is, mine is a bantam by Australian standards and she weighs 1.1kg.

That's a hen, and she looks like she is laying now, or is very (VERY) close.
IMG_3270.jpg
Here is one of my silkie eggs next to a RSL egg (extra large or Jumbo).
IMG_3266.jpg

thanks, now i see a picture of the egg, thats like the 1 im getting. also caught it sitting in nest box yesterday!! think aoxa that you have been spot on!!! Now all i need to do is wait on the favorrel laying!!! thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my post!!

Back
Top Bottom