Building 4 x 8 coop need help setting up the inside - Please send pics

SpringChicken2010

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 24, 2009
Milford, MI
Hi,
Finally building our coop for our chickies that we are getting in the spring!
woot.gif
It is 4 x 8. Could you please send me pictures of how you set up the inside of your 4 x 8 or similar sized coops. Not sure how to arrange it!

Thanks!!!

I will get some pics up soon. You can get a little bi of a idea from the outside of my coops on my BYC page but I will take some pics of the inside soon.
smile.png

Last edited:
Having a hard time getting pics up.

I have a 4x8 with a human screen door in the middle
making it 2 coops and a human door to the out side
with 2 pop doors one for each side with
run attached to each side. hope this helps.

Springchicken2010,

I have 6 girls and they all fit nice and comfortable in their coop.

I have a 4' x 6' coop, and there are pictures of the inside on my BYC page. Go there and click on coop-construction at the top of the page, then scroll down.

I have 3 nesting boxes, and roost bars. 3 windows with sliding plexiglass windows, and a people door and an egg door behind the nesting boxes.

Hope this helps. I gathered a lot of my ideas from this site and designed my own from there.

You want the people door and popdoor on the S or E side if at all possible (assuming you live in most of N America where typical winter winds are from the W/NW - correct accordingly if you live elsewhere).

You want to try to put the roosts "not right next to nor below" whatever vents you will be using in the wintertime (it is perfectly fine to have roosts next to windows/vents that will be open for *summer* use, as long as window/vent is securely screened with hardwarecloth).

And insofar as possible you want to try to keep the waterer and feeder out of the direct "flight path" of birds flapping down from the roost in the morning.

GOod luck, have fun,

Pat

Back
Top Bottom