Building 4 x 8 coop need help setting up the inside - Please send pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SpringChicken2010, Oct 11, 2009.

1. SpringChicken2010

SpringChicken2010 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2009
    Milford, MI
    Hi,
    Finally building our coop for our chickies that we are getting in the spring! [​IMG] It is 4 x 8. Could you please send me pictures of how you set up the inside of your 4 x 8 or similar sized coops. Not sure how to arrange it!

Thanks!!!

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I will get some pics up soon. You can get a little bi of a idea from the outside of my coops on my BYC page but I will take some pics of the inside soon. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. SpringChicken2010

Sep 24, 2009
    Milford, MI
    Thanks M! Any help would be appreciated!!!!

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    You might try just scrolling through the threads, there are a lot of pics right here. under coop & run design.

5. SpringChicken2010

Sep 24, 2009
    Milford, MI
    Thanks, but I've already tried that! There aren't many of the inside except for some of the really big ones. Mine is a lot smaller! [​IMG]

6. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Having a hard time getting pics up.

I have a 4x8 with a human screen door in the middle
    making it 2 coops and a human door to the out side
    with 2 pop doors one for each side with
    run attached to each side. hope this helps.

7. WitksChicks

WitksChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Central CT
    Springchicken2010,

I have 6 girls and they all fit nice and comfortable in their coop.

I have a 4' x 6' coop, and there are pictures of the inside on my BYC page. Go there and click on coop-construction at the top of the page, then scroll down.

I have 3 nesting boxes, and roost bars. 3 windows with sliding plexiglass windows, and a people door and an egg door behind the nesting boxes.

Hope this helps. I gathered a lot of my ideas from this site and designed my own from there.

8. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    You want the people door and popdoor on the S or E side if at all possible (assuming you live in most of N America where typical winter winds are from the W/NW - correct accordingly if you live elsewhere).

You want to try to put the roosts "not right next to nor below" whatever vents you will be using in the wintertime (it is perfectly fine to have roosts next to windows/vents that will be open for *summer* use, as long as window/vent is securely screened with hardwarecloth).

And insofar as possible you want to try to keep the waterer and feeder out of the direct "flight path" of birds flapping down from the roost in the morning.

GOod luck, have fun,

Pat

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    PMed you some pics. [​IMG]

10. SpringChicken2010

Sep 24, 2009
    Milford, MI
    This may sound silly, but do you keep the food and water in the coop or in the attached run?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by