Building a brooder out of a chest of drawers

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by iamcuriositycat, Feb 23, 2013.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Some of you may remember the brooder I built out of a chest of drawers a couple months ago:

[​IMG]

I just did a how to write-up. Except, fair warning, I didn't really get far in the write-up. I mean, I wrote about 2,000 words and there are close to 20 pictures... it's just that it took that much just to hang the brood lamp. I am not kidding. I plan to complete the write-up as a series of blog entries.

In the meantime, it's more amusing than useful. But if you subscribe to the blog, you'll get notified when the actually useful bits get published. Which is, yes, in fact, a shameless plug for subscribing to my blog.

Or you can just wait. Because I'll almost certainly post here again when the next installment comes out.

Still. Aren't you just dying to know how to hang a brood lamp in a torn-up old chest of drawers? Who wouldn't? Come on over.

P.S. The "brooder" currently contains two elderly coturnix quail, one of whom requires regular nursing and will probably live out his days indoors in the brooder. Which means that technically, it's no longer a brooder. Truth in advertising.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by