Building a coop

I think @rosemarythyme is right; that's a lot of chickens to house.

My sister and I started to build a simple coop for 8 chickens last year and got overwhelmed. BUT, I had a friend who knew how to finish the job. Do you and your mom know anybody who can help with construction?

One of my coop designs (yes, I have several coops) came from a book, "Reinventing the Coop," but I don't think any of the 14 coops in that book come close to housing 13 birds. Maybe you can split in group and make two coops with a shared run in between?

To save money, you can repurpose pallets; the exterior of my newest coop is made from inexpensive cedar pickets from Menards. And, there's always Craigslist; that's where I got my avatar coop -- used and at much less than store prices -- as well as three of my other coops.

Good luck with whatever you do; let us know how it goes.

Ok so my dad said it's our job.. but I guess he changed his mind on that? At the moment they have a shed with a hole to go through BUT THEY CAN GET THROUGH THE PROBLEY LESS THAN 1 INCH WIDE HOLE! so know there in 2 pack n plays and dad said that it not permanent rn. Hrs gonna build a larger coop that's better quality so I think we have it down but your still welcome to give ideas but my dad probably won't change the plans

Ok so my dad said it's our job.. but I guess he changed his mind on that? At the moment they have a shed with a hole to go through BUT THEY CAN GET THROUGH THE PROBLEY LESS THAN 1 INCH WIDE HOLE! so know there in 2 pack n plays and dad said that it not permanent rn. Hrs gonna build a larger coop that's better quality so I think we have it down but your still welcome to give ideas but my dad probably won't change the plans

Be sure to show him the links I posted earlier. :)

When I say less that one inch I mean the spaces Inbetween the wire of the fence

Back
Top Bottom