Building a new coop

Pics
We had a busy weekend, I got the hens moved into their new home, we dismantled the old coop, and we moved the enclosed run down to the new coop, for the lil chicks when they get moved out of my garage.
I still have some little things that need to be done, but I dont have to rush to get them done.
The 25'x50'run looks so much bigger without the old coop setting in the middle, that run has a aviary net over it. To keep them safe from hawks , and when there not out feer ranging in the pastures.
Pictures to come

Couple more photos

This is the chickens out in the run for the first time without their old home there.with the goats watching them
20190929_081210.jpg

This picture is at the gate of the run looking down towards the new coop
20190929_081235.jpg

This picture shows the enclosed run for the little chicks, so they can be seen but not touched , the pop door goes into their section.
20190929_081307.jpg

They are going to out grow the brooder pretty soon

Mine got so big as the coop was not done I had to let them roam around the garage on some boards I made into walk ways. Cardboard on the floor and dirt everywhere lol. We also had to have group therapy sessions each day with treats for everyone.

JT

Mine got so big as the coop was not done I had to let them roam around the garage on some boards I made into walk ways. Cardboard on the floor and dirt everywhere lol. We also had to have group therapy sessions each day with treats for everyone.

JT

LOL!

Just like ours where we let them out every day for a "walk"? They barge out of that door like 1st graders at recess time. If our chickens were any bigger they would knock us over during the coop exit process. :D

TWG

Just like ours where we let them out every day for a "walk"? They barge out of that door like 1st graders at recess time. If our chickens were any bigger they would knock us over during the coop exit process. :D

In the morning when I let them out of the run into the chicken yard they run between my legs sometimes 3 wide to get out. :D

JT

I'm going to have my DH read this thread. Your set up is perfect for what I want him to build this coming spring. I only keep a flock of up to 12, so ours will be smaller, but I love this design! Thanks for sharing your plans and work progress with us!!!

Back
Top Bottom