building a rabbit hutch

Since this thread is more than 2 years old, I suspect that a PM to the posters in question might get you more information - they probably aren't even aware that it's still active.
wink.png

This is the kind of information/design that really interests me. My first interest is raising rabbits for meat, 2nd would be for quail/phesant.
In either case the correct habbit for raising them is the most important thing to me relative to there health and well being.
Seeing someone build a truly unique "Shelter" is definitely in line with my thinking.

Also take a look at Colony Raising Rabbits....really interesting, I think I'm going to build a pen for that style this year. I'll put a wire cage bottom tied into the wire wall fencing, so they can't tunnel out, and then put enough dirt so it seems like they can fulfill at least some of their tunnel habits.

Is the designer of the above hutch deceased or what? I sent a pm offering to pay for the plans but have never received a reply.

This is one of my outdoor setups. It has 10 holes, cost about $250 to build, and is a meat rabbit factory.
19063_000_3513.jpg
mg]
19063_000_3511.jpg
g]
19063_000_3512.jpg

i am interested in building something like this, but i fear that with so much wood in the structure that it would start to smell bad. i read that male rabbits like to spray out of thier cage.

I would love to have the plans for this hutch too! If you are worried about bucks spraying the walls, you can line it with some metal splash guards on the wood part.

For the cages achoring the walls, I would suspect there may be some L brackets to slide the cages into.

I hope someone brings the plans in place. I really do like this! And perfect for city living!

Back
Top Bottom