Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Pics
Maybe the rubber seals on the screws expanded and closed. One could only hope.

I don't know. I just know I don't want them tearing things apart, possibly making new problems. If they want to add metal up there, maybe that would work, but that messes with the boxed trim. I just have no idea with the insulation there- it went over the rafters, had adhesive strips to hold it until they could put on the metal sheets, then the metal was put on top and screws went through that, if they remove screws and don't put them exactly in the same spots, that makes new holes in the insulation sheets. Who knows? They may come with a can of spray sealant themselves.
hu.gif

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow....hope they have a good 'fix' to their ffffoulup.

Thanks. It's supposed to maybe rain tomorrow. They may cancel. I'm not even sure if it's the crew that was here in the first place. Hopefully, the ones that come will speak English well enough for me to explain the problem-maybe just the three buckets are a good enough visual explanation, LOL.

ETA: They called, said there had been a 24 hr delay. Well, at first the woman said they were confirming for Saturday. Husband told them that a Monica had told us it would be Friday. Then, the woman laughed and said, maybe I should have said it would be a 24 hr delay instead, that Monica was no longer with the company. We'd always spoken with a Lisa, only to a Monica that one time when she called to say they'd be coming on the work order for Friday. Just wonder if they fired her or she quit, but of course, that's neither here nor there. I bet they get yelled at all the time about delays and timing and postponements, etc. If it rains Friday, maybe there will be something for them to actually see. It's very dry in there right now.

Last edited:

Exactly. You have a $6000 steel building put up and you don't expect the roof to leak. I'd have caught it sooner if the water hadn't been coming under the front wall-that, sorry for the pun, muddied the waters and masked the roof leak. At least that seems to be handled.

AND, the awning that DH made is doing great! There is water all over the screen on the back window w/o the awning and ZERO on the one with the awning he built from PVC and lexan. So, he'll do the other one. Any window will have water spray in with sideways rain so I don't expect it to handle that. Even my own kitchen window gets it when it rains sideways and there is a 5' overhanging porch roof on that side of the house.

Last edited:
AND, the awning that DH made is doing great! There is water all over the screen on the back window w/o the awning and ZERO on the one with the awning he built from PVC and lexan. So, he'll do the other one. Any window will have water spray in with sideways rain so I don't expect it to handle that. Even my own kitchen window gets it when it rains sideways and there is a 5' overhanging porch roof on that side of the house.
Sweet!!

Really....you shoulda charged them for that one @henless !
I should have. That would have been one major booboo to have to fix!

Exactly. You have a $6000 steel building put up and you don't expect the roof to leak. I'd have caught it sooner if the water hadn't been coming under the front wall-that, sorry for the pun, muddied the waters and masked the roof leak. At least that seems to be handled.

Maybe with the fresh leaks, they will be able to pinpoint the problem and have a solution.

Great on the awning!

Hmm, wonders why we haven't heard the outcome of Friday's repair visit....maybe they didn't make it?
Better that than a bad outcome from a completed visit.

Back
Top Bottom