Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Pics
Yes, they're coming today, unless they re-reschedule. They're making me miss adoption day at the HS with a dog I might like to have, too, dang it, a Belgian Shepherd, highly unusual to find around here with hounds and pit mixes being the mainstays of the animal control and Humane Society. Of course, he's an adult and I have no idea if he's cat-and-chicken-friendly anyway. But, I'd like to see him and pet a dog. I miss my dogs.

Isn't this a handsome dog? They're calling him Duke, found him near a fire station by a local highway, and the Humane Society, seeing how adoptable he is, pulled him from AC.

Last edited:
Well he is very handsome. Not a Belgian shepherd though, I had one for many years. He looks like German shepherd (long coat) or mix - one of my favorite breeds.

Looks like you guys may be in line for some snow soon.

Well he is very handsome. Not a Belgian shepherd though, I had one for many years. He looks like German shepherd (long coat) or mix - one of my favorite breeds.

Looks like you guys may be in line for some snow soon.

You know, they guess at the breed (badly sometimes!) and I thought he might have some Belgian/Turvuren in there, but he's definitely some kind of shep or shep-mix. I love this one.

ETA: I just don't see shepherds at the HS around here, so whatever he is, he's just gorgeous and I'd want a dog who wouldn't shiver in 45* weather like my last one did, bless her heart.

Last edited:
You know, they guess at the breed (badly sometimes!) and I thought he might have some Belgian/Turvuren in there, but he's definitely some kind of shep or shep-mix. I love this one.

ETA: I just don't see shepherds at the HS around here, so whatever he is, he's just gorgeous and I'd want a dog who wouldn't shiver in 45* weather like my last one did, bless her heart.
Boy, that's for sure!!

He's nice looking, I like shepards/mixes too.
Tho I have only the standard poodle now, also from a shelter.....someone dumped a whole litter of them.

Such a pretty dog! Go early to the adoption. If you like him, you can get him and be home before the metal guys get there.
big_smile.png
If you decide not to get him, you still get to look at a nice dog.

My 2 dogs are strays. My Blue Heeler, Blue Bell was found at my son's work. He brought her home to keep her from getting run over. She my "bird" dog. She chases all the buzzards away & has started working on the hawks. She just goes nuts when she sees their shadows flying over!

This is Jack. He's a Jack-Rat. Best varmint dog you could have on the farm. Since he is a mix of Jack Russel and Rat Terrier, he also has an off button and is wonderful with kids. He doesn't bother my chickens, but if they were out, he would get one in a heart beat. The chickens stay penned, and he keeps the varmints away. Him & Blue have killed many a coon. Not to mention all the rats, mice, moles and such he has gotten.

Jack was a throw away dog. He had another dog with him when he showed up at the house. We're assuming the same kind, it was a different color. Something happened to it before we could get our hands on them.

I don't understand why people think it's better from them to throw away their unwanted dogs out in the country. Not everyone in the country needs another dog. Most end up starving, getting run over, shot by a land owner or killed by coyotes. Not the happy ending people think they are giving their throw away dogs.

Last edited:
Oh is he ever handsome!! I'd want to take a look at him as well!! We have a shelter dog, who they had listed as a hound mix. I am sure she has pit in her, along with spaniel. At 4 years old, she has just now really turned into a wonderful dog, and perfect for us. She adores her boys, and that's what matters. She is a recovered chicken killer. It was our fault, not hers. We had not socialized her to them yet and she happened to get loose the day I decided to free range the one lonely chicken we had when we moved here. She was an easy fix, though. Just took some time. She is so sensitive to what pleases us that she picked up quickly that chickens were not toys. She still goes chicken bowling when they come up to the house, but… then again, so do I
big_smile.png

I've been lurking… all over the place. Staying up to date, but not much time to post. We're had a rough winter break between catching that nasty nasty cold that is so close to being the flu and last minute trips to WI to visit my Grandmother. I am so over this freeze/thaw/rain winter that I can't wait for summer!

Your building looks wonderful!! I can't wait to watch the progress on it and find out what they do to fix the leak!! We are about 1 full working day from finishing my wooden coop… which was started in.. oh, August? Lol!

OK, dog pics.
Rascal is 9 net month and just got his rough scissor cut in this pic(I let it get really long tsktsk).
I left the top knot and tail long just for giggles...he looks like an alpaca-doodle...hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom