Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Pics
The walls are complete (other than gables/loft space) and tomorrow, we start on the pens! Little Xander's 5x8 by the main door is first.
wee.gif

As far as painting all this OSB, I have two 5 gallon buckets of paint left over that I refused to let the contractor use, both flat paint (ick). One 5 gal bucket is a sunny yellow, the other is a soothing sage green. It could be fine for a base coat on the lower walls and as the only coat higher up where poop doesn't reach and up into the loft, but I am getting Oops paint from various places in semi gloss or gloss for the floors and walls where poop will fly.

Today's first Oops paint purchase, Soothing Green Tea, from Walmart. Maybe more like upchuck pea soup from the Exorcist, but hey, a gallon was only $7. Should look fine with the sage green and the sunny yellow flat paint base coats.

As far as painting all this OSB, I have two 5 gallon buckets of paint left over that I refused to let the contractor use, both flat paint (ick). One 5 gal bucket is a sunny yellow, the other is a soothing sage green. It could be fine for a base coat on the lower walls and as the only coat higher up where poop doesn't reach and up into the loft, but I am getting Oops paint from various places in semi gloss or gloss for the floors and walls where poop will fly.

Today's first Oops paint purchase, Soothing Green Tea, from Walmart. Maybe more like upchuck pea soup from the Exorcist, but hey, a gallon was only $7. Should look fine with the sage green and the sunny yellow flat paint base coats.
gig.gif

It will hide the chicken poop.
Well the peasoup colored poops anyway..haha!

It's beginning to look like a real barn! Hooray for the cheap paint!!
celebrate.gif

Two more floors done today, so four of the six pens have floors ready to build on. We're going to raise some walls before we do the last two floors I think.

This last picture is bad for glare, but it shows how the last pen is in relation to the roll-up door. The seven Belgian D'Anvers will live there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom