building paradise for the birds

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by birdman55, Dec 4, 2014.

1. birdman55

birdman55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    well just got done tubing for a second time....im bringing out the digital scale and weighing her...hope the scale can read that much...anyways I dose her with .5cc of corid and 25ml of sugar vitamin solution...she did poop three times now..all looking about the same as the picture...tomorrow I will try and get some food in her....so well see what happens...
    pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    make shift tube feeder...thanks for the info Kathy....hope she comes around....

2. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    well we saved her everyone...you got a grown man all emotional now...shes eating and drinking all on her own....thank you so much for the fast response...I love my birds...
    pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

her eyes are open and shes more spunky...looks like shes feeling a lot better...awwww....

2 people like this.
  3. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome bro. Glad shes pulling through.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Good job...... any idea what hit her?

5. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    I have read online that when people worm there birds sometimes some of the birds are effected in a bad way because the worms dont pass thru and they don't absorb in the body as protein...im not sure some people thought that is was coicidis lol not sure the spelling...but I didn't see any intestinal sheddings or blood...even in the poop in the morning it went from liquid to not liquid so I new that it passed thru at that point...I think the cold just got ahold of her and shut her system down...she is going to town right now in the dog pen...just scratching away....clucking saying let me out...once I got her body temp warm and that first 25ml down thru tube....she still was not acting right...and then two hours later I did the same...this is what I used for the mix...she still was not acting right but in the morning she was trying to just right out of the box...that I had next to the fireplace....then I took her out and put her in the dog kennel and put in some straw...and she just started to eat and drink...I did put sugar solution with vitamins and .5cc corid...and will leave her in the house for a week....and rethink about putting her outside....

two cups water....tablespoon of sugar....pinch of electrolytes/vitamins....little bit of corn syrup...and alittle bit of molasses....mixed it up...making sure the water was warm to touch....and brought up 25 ml of fluid the first time....the second time I did the same....except when I drew up the 25ml of solution....I added at the end .5cc of corid.....ofcourse each time I made new solution...I did use a 1/.4inch aquarium line...that I made the edge of the tube that would be going down here throat rounded.....with a lighter...I put it in my mouth to see if it was sharp to the roof of my mouth to make sure she wouldn't get hurt....

there is a point when you do this that the chicken will open the jaw wider allowing you to do this process if the bird doesn't do this then don't try and they will squirm around not letting you....she first wouldn't let me even open her mouth....but when I put alittle warm water in her mouth she knew what I was doing at that point and just took the tube...make sure to fully extend the neck and not to pinch the front part of the neck...
    this has been a great learning experience...
    thanks everyone so much...

6. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Coccidiosis doesn't always come with bloody stool. Awesome job.

7. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    well ....got the one small pen all done and the door hung and pheasants moved over...and preparing for baby chickens....two piped and are chirping...so well see brought humidity up to 55-60percent.... ill get pics on here in a bit...but hawk....just made herself a nest and I got the brooder all set up just waiting for the temps to stabilize...got food in there and the water containers just waiting for some birds...they started to pip out at about 1am...so well see should be hatching today and tomorrow...so thankful for this site...and just found out that I might be getting a silver golden male for my two females....so cant wait for that...well see...in two weeks should have the new edition of peafowl here as well....so well see how everything goes...
    till then...have a wonderful day...mine is so much better now that I know my birdy is ok

8. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    heres some pics of the silver golden...man a great deal on this bird...Im getting it for sure...mature bird for a crazy price...cant say no to that
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

man I cant wait....this is so cool I cant wait....looks like Im going to be moving some birds around...hahahaha..see now that the three bads have happened now the good start...did I say I cant wait...chicks hatching and I find this...man o man....it couldn't get any better....for sure

9. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Lol so awesome!!!!

10. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    well four have started hatching...still none hatched tho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by