Built a new cage

Dan Clark

Chirping
Jul 20, 2020
I recently finished my new cage. It Will let me hold more birds and will let me control breeding Better. This new cage will let me collect eggs and birds easer. Rotate birds for butchering. and I can Have more roosters without worry that they will kill each other. My old cage was a Frankenstein of a cage. It. Held up well cost next to nothing to make but it was a pain to clean, collect eggs, impossible to move, catch birds and I could only have one rooster Want a couple in case one gets hurt or can’t reproduce. Here is my old cage It was 3 ft x 8ft
1617372428512.jpeg

my new cage is 4 cages that are built into two separate stacks so I can pick them up and move them.
1617372603490.jpeg
1617372624768.jpeg
1617372650038.jpeg
1617372672477.jpeg
1617372755010.jpeg

here is my indoor cage for when some of my birds go in for the winter to continue laying eggs and allow me to have a growout, cage for just roosters.

I like the clear roofing too, but think maybe some mesh on the ends might help so mice can't get inside. On the other hand, you chickens might like a snack. :)
You make a good point, I would probably put mesh over the top, then put roofing over the mesh, mice and stray cats are the biggest predator issues for me, and my dogs work really hard marking and chasing unwelcome cats (they’re all unwelcome) lol.

I like the clear roofing too, but think maybe some mesh on the ends might help so mice can't get inside. On the other hand, you chickens might like a snack. :)
Actuly mice aren’t a problem or snakes I have more issues with raccoons

What’s the clear water jugs for?
.........water........

it should be ok easy to clean needed a container that was rectangle and nothing would work that did not cost a fortune. This has lid on top and spout that I can use to was out the bottle

Back
Top Bottom