Bullied rooster

Zay

Songster
Jun 29, 2018
New Mexico
I have a 1 1/2 year frizzle boy who is constantly getting picked on. He’s the sweetest bird in the flock, but the hens think his feathers are delicious. I want to quarantine him to try and get some feathers to grow back, but the only place I have to do that is by the house, and his crow is loud. Any ideas on how to help the little guy?
A925B72F-C9D2-4220-8D3B-F981E884C2E5.jpeg
the top is now, the bottom is what he used to look like.
7E8B14F1-722C-447D-9D4B-7A90942F5AD8.jpeg

I have a 1 1/2 year frizzle boy who is constantly getting picked on. He’s the sweetest bird in the flock, but the hens think his feathers are delicious. I want to quarantine him to try and get some feathers to grow back, but the only place I have to do that is by the house, and his crow is loud. Any ideas on how to help the little guy?
View attachment 2173961
the top is now, the bottom is what he used to look like.
View attachment 2173970
Feather eating is a very bad habit.. are the hens the same age? What are you feeding them? What % of protein? It could be just a crazy pecking feather eating habit which is very bad and hard to stop. If it’s a deficiency you need to increase calcium and protein in the chickens diet. Crushed eggshells and oyster shell is the best thing I know of for calcium. There’s a lot of stuff you can do for protein; mealworms, scrambled eggs with the crushed egg shell added, bugs, worms. That’s all I can say and all I know to do.

Dumar chicken feed 20% protein with crushed egg shell
Alright. Increase the calcium and protein for a few days. Separate the rooster as well. Don’t put them on calcium for too long or it can harm them. I’d say about a week at the most. Then cut back and see what happens. Inspect your rooster very well to make sure there’s no blood on his skin where the feathers were picked

Back
Top Bottom