bullies? (not eggzactly what you thing this thread is about)

Mutchi

Crowing
Apr 5, 2021
hamilton MT
My Coop
My Coop
i have a single polish chick and we cant get more cuz they would all be too young then. so im worried about the polish when shes older since she would be the only polish would she be bullied? and if so, how do i stop it?

i have a single polish chick and we cant get more cuz they would all be too young then. so im worried about the polish when shes older since she would be the only polish would she be bullied? and if so, how do i stop it?
Possibly.

How many chickens do you have?
What arevthe dimensions of your coop?
Wat are the dimensions of your run?

Possibly.

How many chickens do you have?
What arevthe dimensions of your coop?
Wat are the dimensions of your run?
we are getting a new coop and run before the polish is full grown, but we have 62 chickens counting chicks and an large 16 by 9 ft. coop ana a large about 20 by 10 ft run. (thats the dimentsions of the new coop and run)

You'll want the coop to be at least as large as your current coop and a run 2x as large at least if you want both coops to be enough to hold all the birds you have.

As for the polish, it's a hit or miss. Mine haven't been pecked more than normal so far, but they're not with any grown ups (nor will they except for their current flock mates that are the same age)

I had a silkie chick that was given by a family friend and we introduced it to our flock after a few months and it was bullied HARD. The chickens would not let her eat or drink, They would also constantly peck her. The rooster was no help and just ignored it. And to make it worse it was extremely small and probably a runt so it didn't have size as an advantage. It got so depressed that it just stayed in the coop all day. But now the hen is with the flock and they treat her good now with the occasional peck. So you may have some bullying in the beginning but it should get fine after a while.

Back
Top Bottom