Bullseye question

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
is this what you normally see in a fertile egg?

If it is, why does this egg have it when I don't have a rooster?

I have 3 female poultry. 2 chickens 1 duck. I have 1 drake. 2 dogs, 3 cats, and no rooster.

Last edited:
Maybe the drake loves chickens
love.gif

Here is the BO hen, the Pekin hen, and the indian runner drake. These 2 hens are laying right now.

The little girl in the entrance to the pen is my salmon Faverolle hen, she was the first to start laying...She also....crows.
Bo, the BO, is about 3 months younger than her(their eggs all look very different, so it's esy to tell them apart). The SF is about 10 months old as are the ducks. the BO is about 7 months old and just started laying 2 months ago, the others have been laying since September.
The egg in question came from the BO.
The SF just broke broody and is not currently laying(maybe once a week).

when the broody was sitting on a fertile duck egg, I was going to name the duckling chuck...for chicken duck....but poor chuck broke its yolk during hatch and i wasn't fast enough peeling back the shell to save it :(

When I told my 18 yr old the egg looked fertile, she wanted to go stick a few in the bator. Fortunately I was able to convince her the ones in the fridge weren't good candidates, so tomorrow she plans on kidnapping the new laid one to attempt to hatch. I told her inner species like that, I'm99.9% sure nothing will hatch. She however, believes in Darwin and counts this as evolution in action.

INCUBATE THEM! The mad scientist in me couldn't possibly pass up this chance. I would be the first to purchase this new breed from you. Especially since I have chickens and also want ducks but only have room for chickens.

Could your crowing chicken be a hemaphrodite? Usually if they have both sex organs neither will work but maybe this one is different.
That is so odd. I'm with charcoal... I'd bator them and then candle in 5 or 6 days to see what you got.

Back
Top Bottom