bumble foot

You might want to soak it in warm epsom salt water, or warm plain salt water, until the scab is soft, and see if the scab will come off. Whether the scab comes off, or not, apply some triple antibiotic/neosporin type ointment to it. If the scab does not come off, repeat the soaking for a couple days, and continue applying the ointment. In a couple days, see what has happened.

You might want to soak it in warm epsom salt water, or warm plain salt water, until the scab is soft, and see if the scab will come off. Whether the scab comes off, or not, apply some triple antibiotic/neosporin type ointment to it. If the scab does not come off, repeat the soaking for a couple days, and continue applying the ointment. In a couple days, see what has happened.
Ok I already soaked it earlier today but thanks what ointment should I put on it

Also before she wasn’t walking to well but after it really helped her

As to Niacin, it's a nutritional supplement, like a vitamin. It's not a medicine. Ducks require extra Niacin daily. Most grocery stores, health food stores, and Walmart carry it. You can even order it from Amazon.com. I sprinkle a couple pinches of Niacin on top of the duck food. Instead of the niacin, you can use brewer's yeast. It too, is high in niacin, and other nutrients. Be somewhat generous with the brewer's yeast, an mix it in the duck food, daily. That will help with leg issues.

Sorry to hear about your duck.

Others, have given you good advice, you'll need to soak the core until it becomes soft, and pliable, after which you can gently try to remove the core using a pair of tweezers, and a scalpel, there are a few youtube videos online regarding this. After the core/scab Is removed, slather a generous amount of an antibacterial ointment onto the wound, and bandage the foot up.

Link for wrapping Ducks Feet.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wrapping-feet.1255043/

I believe I told you a few months ago that if you continue to keep your ducks in the conditions that I saw them being in last you were going to start seeing Bumblefoot amongst your flock, especially with the heavier weight breeds.

It's very important that you correct whatever husbandry error you believe caused the Bumblefoot, or it will just reoccur again. For example, the pen I saw that you were keeping them in had large rocks, that is conducive to several leg problems.

"One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

Back
Top Bottom