1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

bumble foot?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rockmaster, Dec 26, 2010.

1. rockmaster

rockmaster Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    [​IMG][​IMG]I just noticed that my buff orpington has a swollen foot. I looked at the bottom of the foot and noticed a dark spot on the pad of it.
    from past reading I'm sure it's bumble foot. She is showing no sign of illness and continues to eat, drink and walks fine. I wonder if this situation will remendy itself on it's own or do I have to lance it seperate her and ect............ Again, she is not showing any signs of distress? thank-you rockmasters momma:

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    you could try epsom salt soaks, I have read that soaks can help, but I wouldn't let it go for long it is an infection and thats not so good.

3. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    So sorry, but it will not correct itself. You will have to intervene. There are plenty of informative posts on here to walk you through it. Good luck..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by