Bumblefoot - Don’t know severity or what to do

IslaBean

Songster
5 Years
Jul 19, 2017
Hi! Ruby has three bumps on her foot. She refuses to use her foot at all and tries to walk with just one foot and spreading out her wing for balance.

I don’t know the severity of her bumblefoot. Should I treat just with epsom salt baths, or is it sever enough that I should surgically remove it? Please give any advice. This is my first time dealing with bumblefoot. I don’t want to let it go on too much longer and the infection spreads.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! Ruby has three bumps on her foot. She refuses to use her foot at all and tries to walk with just one foot and spreading out her wing for balance.

I don’t know the severity of her bumblefoot. Should I treat just with epsom salt baths, or is it sever enough that I should surgically remove it? Please give any advice. This is my first time dealing with bumblefoot. I don’t want to let it go on too much longer and the infection spreads. View attachment 3520621

I don’t know the severity of her bumblefoot. Should I treat just with epsom salt baths, or is it sever enough that I should surgically remove it? Please give any advice. This is my first time dealing with bumblefoot. I don’t want to let it go on too much longer and the infection spreads. View attachment 3520621
yes soak it and put ointment on it and rap it.
Also seeing the foot and spurts looks like it's a he😊
Rooster

Back
Top Bottom