Bumblefoot healing process [pics]

Chickenlady1234567

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2021
I can’t find any photos of what healing Bumblefoot looks like. It’s been two weeks since I removed the black scab off both feet of these two ladies. The scab seems dark brown for the most part. One lady still has some redness

I’ve read that some people say “healed in 5 days!” Is it normal to be looking like this after 2 weeks??

Attachments

• IMG_7297.jpeg
    IMG_7297.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7302.jpeg
    IMG_7302.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7306.jpeg
    IMG_7306.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7303.jpeg
    IMG_7303.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 6
I don’t see anything out of the ordinary with the foot. It will take some weeks to heal. Is there any limping? You could apply a 2x2 coated with Neosporin on the sore for awhile which would disinfect it and pad it.

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary with the foot. It will take some weeks to heal. Is there any limping? You could apply a 2x2 coated with Neosporin on the sore for awhile which would disinfect it and pad it.
Thanks for the reply! I’ve been putting antibiotic ointment on a gauze pad and using vet wrap for the last 2 weeks. I just recently stopped putting ointment on the gauze, but still bandaging and changing either daily or every other day.

Hello everyone, I have a Rhode island red hen who had bumble foot once in the past 6 months and she has it again on both feet and I'm mostly concerned about her left foot that's worse then her right foot, and I removed the scab about four days ago and I'm re rapping very good today and soaking and doing the triple antibiotic and blue coat bc I'm leaving for a trip for four days, do you guys think she will be ok?
She has been limping just alittle but I don't think it's getting worse, the pad of her foot just seems callused and still alittle swollen😕

Back
Top Bottom