bumblefoot treatment

Do you have any pictures so we can see what else we can help with? But do what the other person said about Epsom salt for about 20 minutes, wrap the chicken in a towel to calm them down while doing that.

Do you have any pictures so we can see what else we can help with? But do what the other person said about Epsom salt for about 20 minutes, wrap the chicken in a towel to calm them down while doing that.
I feel like the worst owner… several of my flock have it some worse than others. Is it I don’t clean the coop clean? One of my hens has a really swollen foot but I don’t see that it bothers them. Is the trick to soften the lesion? Is that what it is? Going to be touch considering I have 50+ in my flock. Recently they started pooping really big. They’re about 8 months in age. I will post photos tomorrow.

I feel like the worst owner… several of my flock have it some worse than others. Is it I don’t clean the coop clean? One of my hens has a really swollen foot but I don’t see that it bothers them. Is the trick to soften the lesion? Is that what it is? Going to be touch considering I have 50+ in my flock. Recently they started pooping really big. They’re about 8 months in age. I will post photos tomorrow.
Don't feel bad, it's just an infected cut, it's fairly simple to treat.

Let me say this again lol it sounds like I said I don’t keep my coop clean. I try my best to do so I’m constantly buying shavings. Is it because i don’t clean enough? It because I wait too long to clean it?

Let me say this again lol it sounds like I said I don’t keep my coop clean. I try my best to do so I’m constantly buying shavings. Is it because i don’t clean enough? It because I wait too long to clean it?
Likely not. Bumblefoot is an infection of the foot - it's when bacteria enters the foot through a cut, scratch, injury, irritated part of the foot, break down in tissue, etc.

What do you feed?

Likely not. Bumblefoot is an infection of the foot - it's when bacteria enters the foot through a cut, scratch, injury, irritated part of the foot, break down in tissue, etc.

What do you feed?
Currently feeding nutrena 21% egg producer. Attaching a few photos. Is this something I should leave alone?? I don’t really see that it’s bothering them. I fear causing more of a mess.

Attachments

• 6C46DCD0-EDF1-445A-ABDF-7350EC06AD27.jpeg
    6C46DCD0-EDF1-445A-ABDF-7350EC06AD27.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 7
  • CA0715F3-83B8-4DF6-B837-7437AD6779A4.jpeg
    CA0715F3-83B8-4DF6-B837-7437AD6779A4.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom