bumblefoot???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by waysidedesign, Jul 24, 2011.

1. waysidedesign

waysidedesign In the Brooder

May 20, 2011
    Help....I have never had this happen but one of my year old hens has a few bumps between her toes and a dark spot on the pad. She is limping. Is this bumblefoot or something else? If so, anyone know any good home remedies? There is no chicken vet in my area. I feel so bad for her. My coop is spotless and there is nothing that she could have hurt herself on that I can tell. I would send a pic but I lost my camera. Thanks to whomever has ideas/suggestions.

2. cat1994

cat1994 Songster

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Sorry I can't help more, but I myself have never had any experience with bumble foot. I think I remember reading somewhere that you should soak her foot in some warm water to soften the spots up so you can see if they are abbesses or find a entry wound or something like that and perhaps you can drain them. LetÂ’s hope someone with real experience with bumble foot will help.

3. waysidedesign

May 20, 2011
    Thank you![​IMG]

4. thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls Songster

Sep 12, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:What you're describing sounds like bumblefoot.
    Search for it in the forums. There are a several with step by step suggestions on how to treat and clean it out.
    I'll try to find one of the threads.

5. thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls Songster

Sep 12, 2009
    Central NY
  6. waysidedesign

May 20, 2011
    Thank you SO much! My girl looks exactly like that pic, so tomorrow night I will do the steps. I bought everything today. I will keep you posted. [​IMG]

7. janinepeters

janinepeters Songster

Jun 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: