Bumps on chickens tongue?

b-lane

Hatching
Aug 3, 2023
Trying to help diagnose/treat/prevent a close friends coop for respiratory issues since most of her birds have watery eyes some have a few bubbles in their eyes starting, but this chicken is struggling to breathe making gurgling noises and I noticed this in her mouth? Is this a yeast/thrush issue? Or can it still be Respiratory? I tried to attach a video and it wouldn’t let me. This bird is close to laying age no prior issues and where we are it has been 100+ degrees outside (yes it’s in the house right now) we both have barnevelders and mine seem fine. She doesn’t have watery eyes but the sneezing shaking head gurgling extending her neck out to breathe better so it still makes me think Respiratory but I’m confused about her tongue and can she be treated the same as the rest? Now I don’t know if we have something to give all of them in their water that will treat her too?

Attachments

• 4B91105D-0266-40DE-99BD-393A85196EBB.png
    4B91105D-0266-40DE-99BD-393A85196EBB.png
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • DC8EFC6C-BF2A-4CBD-AE1F-C1A646D804BD.jpeg
    DC8EFC6C-BF2A-4CBD-AE1F-C1A646D804BD.jpeg
    579.2 KB · Views: 11
That might be canker. I'll let someone with more experience chime in, but you could look that up to begin with.
I looked it up and some of the symptoms are there but could also be respiratory problems too I’ve read. Some of it is conflicting. They don’t free range so no wild birds share the same water source I don’t know how important that is

Back
Top Bottom