Bumps/scabs on faces

madalyngibb

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2023
What could these bumps be? They’re on beaks, combs, wattles. They are relatively new I believe. I have 9 girls and a roo, and it’s only on a few of them, but I imagine it will be on all of them soon. See below:

Attachments

• IMG_3102.jpeg
    IMG_3102.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3090.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3100.jpeg
    IMG_3100.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 6
Yep I agree that definitely looks like fowl pox. Its really not that bad, I have experienced this dozens of times. The positive side of this is that once your birds get fowl pox they won't get it again. It doesn't needed to be treated, but if you really want to you can use iodine. Personally I use Vet RX but there are a lot of mixed views on the efficiency of this. Here's a good article on it:

https://the-chicken-chick.com/fowl-pox-prevention-treatmen/

Yep I agree that definitely looks like fowl pox. Its really not that bad, I have experienced this dozens of times. The positive side of this is that once your birds get fowl pox they won't get it again. It doesn't needed to be treated, but if you really want to you can use iodine. Personally I use Vet RX but there are a lot of mixed views on the efficiency of this. Here's a good article on it:

https://the-chicken-chick.com/fowl-pox-prevention-treatmen/
Have your birds had fowl pox dozens of times or have your dozens of birds had fowl pox only once?

Have your birds had fowl pox dozens of times or have your dozens of birds had fowl pox only once?
No, sorry for the confusion! I have had dozens of chickens and everyone of them has gotten fowl pox at least once (out of all my chickens one of them got it twice because it picked up wet pox after it had dry pox). It is very unlikely for chickens to get fowl pox twice, and it is EXTREMELY rare for them to get it more than twice.

Back
Top Bottom