Bunnies and Chickens?

Disheygirl

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
I have six mini Rex rabbits - two pair live together with each other. I’m thinking about combining one pair in with my chickens...I’ve had them together in the pen hopping around and the chickens seem more curious than anything. They’ll go to investigate but when the bunny hops, they all scramble. Anyone had good/bad/other experiences? Aside from rabbits and their chewing habits (e.g. renovating lower wood in the coop), and having separate feeding areas (chickens food is hanging, bunnies would have to be enclosed where chickens couldn’t get in), anything else I should think of? There is enough space and the fence line is dug into the ground so they can’t get out...

As far as food: bunnies will be able to reach the hanging chicken food, and might eat it.

It would be bad for the rabbits to eat very much of the chicken food (too much grain to be good for a rabbit.)

Rabbit food is safe for chickens, but the chickens usually don't like it well enough to eat very much. So it should be safe to just put the rabbit food where they can all access it.

Back
Top Bottom