Bunny Owners: Why's He Do That!?

countyroad1330

Thunder Snow 2009!
13 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Oklahoma!
My Bun Bun is less than a year old, and bunnies are totally new to me. I've had him since April, and recently he's been pushing everything in his cage around. He seems to be pushing it underneath his water bottle. I thought it was because the water bottle was leaking, but I fixed that. Is he upset? I'm worried, what should I do?
sad.png

OMG! Thats exactly what my male lop has been doing every night and he is in our family room so it makes watching a movie difficult! We all think maybe he does not like being in the same room as us though. But even when no one is in there he throws around his bowl and runs really really fast in circles in his cage. I tried letting him run around outside his cage bu he just runs right back to his cage wanting In! Thanks for asking this, maybe some expert bunny owners will respond!

*Could be attention-seeking or acute cage boredom. Could be irritation with noise when he'd prefer to be sleeping. Could be desirous of a desirable partner (for all of about 1O seconds
wink.png
). Could be unhappy about some aspect of his cage. Could be too little daytime/daylight activity. Could be something else. But, I'd consider these first, then go hunting for a good bunny whisperer.

Last edited:
Could be numerous reasons...a few possiblities

- if hes atleast 6mo or older he could be looking for mate

- could be bored ...try giving he small pine blocks to chew, small sized rawhide dog bone(its hilarious), or even a couple of snap together shower curtain rings to make a small chain to hang from the top or side of cage.

- or he could just be one of those stuborn bunnies with an attitude? lol

Good luck with what ever you decide to try.

Everyone gave you some good ideas. I agree, it is probably boredom. My cage bunnies like something to do and if they are bored move stuff around. I use the toilet paper rolls too and they enjoy them. Also a stick from a maple tree keeps them busy and helps with their chewing needs.

I wanted to mention I have a Jap Harlequin named Bun Bun too. lol

Jody

as a long time bunny owner I will tell you this...bunnies love toys and will constantly "rearrange" their home. One of my bunnies, a male holland lop, has several toys with bells and he LOVES to make noise. I have found that he gets really loud when he is hungry or needs water. Bunnies are so much smarter than they are give credit for, lol. My other rabbit, a female California, will DARE you to touch her things after she has them arranged. I love my buns!
Sounds like your bunny is just entertaining himself.

EllyMae is right on target - bunnies LOVE to rearrange their homes! Even my bunny, who is a free roaming house rabbit and is never confined, still likes to move things around.

Our rabbit does that too, even after he was with a female. Might just be bored, maybe let him out for a while or give him some extra toys or things that can hold his attention for a while. If he still does it...then let him do it, lol he must like it that way haha:)

Back
Top Bottom