Burbon Red from McMurray?

Are they a quality bird? I've only gotten a few chickens from them and the chickens have all been healthy although they have all been roosters when they were supposed to be hens.

the poults fro hatacheries are not always show quality, sometimes you get lucky but not always.
their poults and chicks are usually very healthy. but poults are one of the hardest little things to make thrive after shipping.
I would suggest if your new to turkey poults to go to someone local who is breeding them, you will get quality poults and tons of information oh how to help them thrive.

I order from Murry a few yes back I don't show my turkeys where BBB AND SOME GAINT WHITES FOR EATTING but I did also order RP and some Br here are some pic.'s from this past fall

DSC07759.jpg
[/img]

DSC07767.jpg

DSC07809.jpg

DSC07767.jpg

DSC07811.jpg

They might not be show quailty but I keep them as pets and to try to raise baby turkeys

I will be ordering more meat turkey ( bbb and Gaint whites )from them this year and some other pet -so-call turkey ( some blue slate and some not shure as of yet) about 30 more total this year and I'll end up keep about 6 plus more as pets

Alan

Thank you for sharing the photos and experiences with your turkeys! I'm not planning on showing I just want pet/dinner! I've raised the traditional meat birds before and wanted to give the heritage breeds a try. I haven't been successful yet in finding anyone local. I'll keep looking for another week or two, then I have to place the order through the feed mill.

Those pic.'s were from the spring/ summer of early 2008
so there a lot fatter and there fairly friendy , a couple of them from time to time fly over a 6 foot high fence and they in a pen now 20 ft. by 30 ft , but they always stick around untill I go out to feed them and there away look for a way back in the pen with the others, I just open the gate door and they go right in .......I like them I plan on getting more bbb and gaint whites for eatting but I also looking at adding to my pets stock Blue Slate Turkeys

good luck and murry mc murry I like them price wise , bird wise great pet and meat birds to me

Alan

Back
Top Bottom