Burned up feathers?

Here is the brooder bin made from a duraliner. its on wheels so it can be rolled in and out of the barn. I added the high sides so as to keep the big birds in. right now it has no gate. I just roll it against the barn door.

Bertha is on the left and Kingkong on the right. if you look you can see the ruffled feathers on the right side of his head. there is still some gaps where he is missing some spots.
if you look close you can see spots on his beak too. the bugger must have fought the wire on the light guard.

Thats a nice setup for them, poor fellow looks so much like my Sammy he's an Emden too, last year I don't know what mine did but he had to puncture wounds on his bill, probably sticking his bill where it didn't belong, they are so nosey, lol I sprayed the vetericyn on it for a couple of days and it healed very fast. I just love Emdens and would like to get a female but don't think my gander would take to a goose till his mama the muscovy dies, he is so in love with her. He is looking good yetti, good luck on getting them all to get along.

Well you are right about them not needing any extra heat. The only thing that the very cold can effect is the feet of the goose. If they are inside on hay or straw they are fine in the cold because of the down. In the wild they get into the water to protect their feet if it gets really cold.
The spray is just the thing for injuries. Good luck!

well I give. Kingkong wanted in the coop with the rest tonight. I even tried to steer him away and his girl. no doing he stood shoulder to shoulder with the other boys and shoo'd me off. we'll see how he looks in the morning
idunno.gif

well so far so good. he survived the night and looks none the worse for wear. couple days rest was all he needed I guess. I leave the other pen in the barn set up just in case though.

That was short lived. my son went to let the birds out and King Kong has a big spot of feathers ripped out on the back of his head this morning. time separate them again whether he likes it or not.

That was short lived. my son went to let the birds out and King Kong has a big spot of feathers ripped out on the back of his head this morning. time separate them again whether he likes it or not.

Well you know whats best for him, So if he has to be separated for his on safety and well being then so be it. Poor fellow, I always feel sorry for the one being picked on. When if he could he would be doing the ripping out of feathers too. I just want them to live like 1 big happy family. LOL

well just came in from putting him to bed. he is tore up big time. the boys were ruthless to him. he is missing about 2" of feathers behind his head and a few more at the base of his neck. I sprayed it down with the meds so hopefully he'll be fine.

well just came in from putting him to bed. he is tore up big time. the boys were ruthless to him. he is missing about 2" of feathers behind his head and a few more at the base of his neck. I sprayed it down with the meds so hopefully he'll be fine.

Poor boy you need to keep him away from the hooligans for a while.

Back
Top Bottom