klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I went to the post office today to pick up my eggs.... As I was unpacking dh says "thought you said the eggs won't be here until next week" me "umm, yeah". What happened is I was cruising ebay and saw that skyblueegg had an auction for some araucana. Of course when I first started looking for araucana I saw one of their auctions but at $80+ for 9 eggs I couldn't afford them. Well, I saw a buy it now for $35
so of course I mentioned it to hubby, he said "go for it". So I did, but of course it seems silly to start up a bator for 9+ eggs (at least to me
) so I contacted someone I had gotten eggs from and bought 3 dozen + more. Didn't tell hubby, forgot
. I told him what I did and he just smiled. Such a good man

Krista

NewChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Omaha, NE
oh krista, we are one and the same!!!

i lost all my showgirl babies to a tom cat, so I just HAD to get more. well, i bought 12+ from the lady I had gotten my originals from (told BF that she sent them for just shipping), then I was looking on eggbid and saw some showgirl eggs for just $10!!! i had to get those too!!! well, both of the people sent 17 eggs each!!
then i added 4 of my own eggs for good measure.

here's the thing, he only saw me open 1 box, and he doesn't look at the bator...it will be a BIG suprise when they hatch!!

I
him. He'll just shake his head.

hippichick

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Branch, La
Quote:So, that's like 45 eggs going into the bator. Now I feel like I need to order more. I've only got like 20 coming. I could fit so much more. Hmmm, let me look around. Hate to waste all that bator space........

Paula

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I came home with 4 eggs... I got the eye roll

He would have said something if I paid for them. I wish my husband was like yours and I could have come home with 4 dz and just got the eye roll!

klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
He is supposed to keep me strong! I finally got the courage to postphone more eggs that were to come in 2+ weeks, Golden Cuckoo Marans
. I sent the e-mail while he was at work so he wouldn't tell me to just get them now. So I am almost done, got some coming end of this week if the birds cooperate
. Then I am done till spring
Oh, and the first batch(of this bunch) of eggs went into the hatcher last night

Heather J

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
I keep thinking this is my last batch of eggs to put in the bator--you know, except when my BR start laying, I'll have to test hatch a few of those, and Ooooh, look at that bunch for sale on BYC--I'd love to have some of those varieties, and I just know November swap is going to be fun.... Yeah, I'm so addicted to hatching. My dh just rolls his eyes and then dotes on the babies. He's hoping I actually mnage to sell some chicks and hatching eggs in the spring to offset my obsession.

I really can't afford to house and feed 300 chickens--which is where I'll end up if I don't stop soon--so i guess one of these days I'll have to accept and sell some of the ones coming out of the bator.

maybe.

bloomnbeauty

Delux Cluxs
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
N Florida
Dbf says: I ain't building more pens!!! But then tells me I HAVE to hatch more of HIS eggs!
) Wonder when they became HIS??

Top Bottom