Busted!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Oct 2, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I went to the post office today to pick up my eggs.... As I was unpacking dh says "thought you said the eggs won't be here until next week" me "umm, yeah". What happened is I was cruising ebay and saw that skyblueegg had an auction for some araucana. Of course when I first started looking for araucana I saw one of their auctions but at $80+ for 9 eggs I couldn't afford them. Well, I saw a buy it now for $35 [​IMG] so of course I mentioned it to hubby, he said "go for it". So I did, but of course it seems silly to start up a bator for 9+ eggs (at least to me [​IMG] ) so I contacted someone I had gotten eggs from and bought 3 dozen + more. Didn't tell hubby, forgot [​IMG] . I told him what I did and he just smiled. Such a good man [​IMG]

Krista

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I hate it when that happens!!!

3. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    [​IMG] oh krista, we are one and the same!!!

i lost all my showgirl babies to a tom cat, so I just HAD to get more. well, i bought 12+ from the lady I had gotten my originals from (told BF that she sent them for just shipping), then I was looking on eggbid and saw some showgirl eggs for just $10!!! i had to get those too!!! well, both of the people sent 17 eggs each!! [​IMG] then i added 4 of my own eggs for good measure.

here's the thing, he only saw me open 1 box, and he doesn't look at the bator...it will be a BIG suprise when they hatch!!

I [​IMG] him. He'll just shake his head.

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Now I will send you a dozen silkie eggs, LOL !!!!!!!!

5. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

We are all such enablers here! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:So, that's like 45 eggs going into the bator. Now I feel like I need to order more. I've only got like 20 coming. I could fit so much more. Hmmm, let me look around. Hate to waste all that bator space........[​IMG]

Paula

7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I came home with 4 eggs... I got the eye roll [​IMG]

He would have said something if I paid for them. I wish my husband was like yours and I could have come home with 4 dz and just got the eye roll! [​IMG]

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    He is supposed to keep me strong! I finally got the courage to postphone more eggs that were to come in 2+ weeks, Golden Cuckoo Marans [​IMG] . I sent the e-mail while he was at work so he wouldn't tell me to just get them now. So I am almost done, got some coming end of this week if the birds cooperate [​IMG] . Then I am done till spring [​IMG] Oh, and the first batch(of this bunch) of eggs went into the hatcher last night [​IMG]

9. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I keep thinking this is my last batch of eggs to put in the bator--you know, except when my BR start laying, I'll have to test hatch a few of those, and Ooooh, look at that bunch for sale on BYC--I'd love to have some of those varieties, and I just know November swap is going to be fun.... Yeah, I'm so addicted to hatching. My dh just rolls his eyes and then dotes on the babies. He's hoping I actually mnage to sell some chicks and hatching eggs in the spring to offset my obsession.

I really can't afford to house and feed 300 chickens--which is where I'll end up if I don't stop soon--so i guess one of these days I'll have to accept and sell some of the ones coming out of the bator.

maybe.

10. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Dbf says: I ain't building more pens!!! But then tells me I HAVE to hatch more of HIS eggs! [​IMG]) Wonder when they became HIS??[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by