Busy Bird Mom

Birdsforlife

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2020
Hello, my name is Cami Barden. I live in and was raised New Bern, NC. This area is filled with country people, big trucks, orange hats and dog boxes! About 6 years ago I bought my first mini flock of baby chicks. They were not sexed, and all grew into Roosters! They became very domesticated and loving! We have them away due to the amount of space we had at the time. I learned that it wasn’t enough, so we gave them away. 2 years later we moved into our first bought house with over an acre of land. 3 years later (about a year ago) I decided it was time to try again! We then bought 10 new baby chicks, 5 Copper Marans, and 5 Light Sussex. And then another 10 Silkies. 18 all together. Long story short- Due to predators, I ended up with one LS rooster and 2 Silkies (still can’t tell the sex). So I got a couple more hens from a friend and am soon getting 5 Buff Brahmas and 5 quail. My flock will go back to 10 count! The size of the flock changes regularly. Also I am working on breeding quail. I cherish my birds and find them very fulfilling. They are free range and the neighbors enjoy their visits! When I’m not with my chickens I enjoy crafts, gardening and party planning! I also have 2 wonderful children and am happily married to my best friend. We have 3 dogs 1 MinPin “Bean” and two American Bulldog/Shepard mix “Bonnie & Clyde”. Me and my husband started a Metal Fabrication Business in 2019 and I am a part time Substitute on the side. Throughout my bird journeys and research I’ve become very fond of BYC’s and always want to chime in, so I joined the community! Last but not least, I’m very blessed and love life.

Attachments

• 9D44F2DB-8A2F-4067-8F30-5F52CDC6F5CC.jpeg
    9D44F2DB-8A2F-4067-8F30-5F52CDC6F5CC.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 8
Hello, my name is Cami Barden. I live in and was raised New Bern, NC. This area is filled with country people, big trucks, orange hats and dog boxes! About 6 years ago I bought my first mini flock of baby chicks. They were not sexed, and all grew into Roosters! They became very domesticated and loving! We have them away due to the amount of space we had at the time. I learned that it wasn’t enough, so we gave them away. 2 years later we moved into our first bought house with over an acre of land. 3 years later (about a year ago) I decided it was time to try again! We then bought 10 new baby chicks, 5 Copper Marans, and 5 Light Sussex. And then another 10 Silkies. 18 all together. Long story short- Due to predators, I ended up with one LS rooster and 2 Silkies (still can’t tell the sex). So I got a couple more hens from a friend and am soon getting 5 Buff Brahmas and 5 quail. My flock will go back to 10 count! The size of the flock changes regularly. Also I am working on breeding quail. I cherish my birds and find them very fulfilling. They are free range and the neighbors enjoy their visits! When I’m not with my chickens I enjoy crafts, gardening and party planning! I also have 2 wonderful children and am happily married to my best friend. We have 3 dogs 1 MinPin “Bean” and two American Bulldog/Shepard mix “Bonnie & Clyde”. Me and my husband started a Metal Fabrication Business in 2019 and I am a part time Substitute on the side. Throughout my bird journeys and research I’ve become very fond of BYC’s and always want to chime in, so I joined the community! Last but not least, I’m very blessed and love life.
20201109_231642.jpg

Back
Top Bottom