Busy....some updates and pics....

Quote:
You know... I was thinking that yesterday. I finally got done around 11:00 pm and was like... even if I had 10 more hours I still couldn't get it all done. Right now I'm battling the heat, I have no drip irrigation and hand watering all of those plants is not fun.

Quote:
You know... I was thinking that yesterday. I finally got done around 11:00 pm and was like... even if I had 10 more hours I still couldn't get it all done. Right now I'm battling the heat, I have no drip irrigation and hand watering all of those plants is not fun.

Could you try the soaker hoses? Lay them where you need them and just hook and unhook to get things watered? You would have to do it in shifts, sort of, but they are really handy to have around. I am green with envy over your farm set up!! What a great set of pics!

Brunty it's great to hear from you!
Glad all is going so well, would love to see some pics of those Buckeye crosses!!!!
My meat bird project is going smashingly here as well, as is my layers project. Next year will be my first year selling chicks and I already have a waiting list . . . so excited! The CX crossed with BCM are starting to lay and giving nice chocolate colored eggs lol.
I LOVE that hen house, I have been planning one out in my mind nd was thrilled to see it already done and ready for me to copy . . .
Love your garden but you gotta get drip irrigation.
300-325 is the perfect weight for slaughter pigs.
Tell me more about that breed of sheep . . . the why's and what nots please.
We added a pair of ducks and four turkeys this year just for trial . . . interesting so far. Not going to raise turkeys for sale but hope to winter over for personal use, going to add ducks next year (again just for personal) thinking muskoveys(sp?).
Do you have goats or beef? Just curious
smile.png

take care!

Thanks for taking time to post Jeff . Congrats on your poultry/hog/produce farm allowing you to quit that tuff roofing business ! Maybe we can divert some of our rain your way ; there's been hundreds of acres of normally dry corn and bean ground flooded out locally this year and it rained yesterday and today . There is a walking irrigation system I drive past daily that is usually in operation at this time of year and the tires are submerged in what looks to be a large lake .

Hope to see a pic of those CXX soon .

What great pictures, and what a beautiful productive farm you have. I can see why you havent been on here, you've been feeding the world!

Great job.

Quote:
You know running a water line is easy as pie and pretty cheap! I know you have way more garden than I do but we just tapped into our water liner and put taps on every garden bed (all of mine are raised) chicken coop, horses & compost bin. I think it took us a day and cost maybe $400. $200 of it was for all the spigots that we had to use!! It would make life so much easier on you!!

You have a beautiful garden!!

Missi

Great pics. We're plenty busy here but not as efficient as you. Even my garden is green with envy.

No sooner than I get chickens in the freezer the weeds have taken over the garden again. Cucumbers need to be pickled, Beets need to be harvested, berries need to be picked and still the weeds keep growing. Second cutting hay is in the barn, goats are on fresh pasture, corn is ripening nicely. Can't keep ahead of the weeds. Compost pile is full and needs to be expanded. I'm behind on mowing. New chicks need to be ordered. It's almost time to pick and can green beans. Once that's behind us we'll start canning salsa. Oh, and I have a day job.

You have much more going on and yet somehow you found 10 minutes to take pictures and post them online. I think that's awesome.

I actually came here looking for your postings. Haven't been here in a while. We to are battling the heat and some kind of predator that is killing lots of my chicks. Anyway, I came to see if you had ever got the ducks you asked about and how that venture went for you.
I used soaker hoses in my garden last year (it is a small garden) and they worked great but I just never had time to do it all again this year so either my veggies will live through the heat this year or they won't.

Back
Top Bottom