Butt looks weird !!

Aquaman05

Chirping
7 Years
May 2, 2012
My chickens butt looks swollen or puffy looking. She has a little pasty butt but nothing real bad, I clean it off but it's not blocking the vent. Kinda seems like she can't poop and has to help it out with mouth. I don't see her drink much water either.

Anything I should do here?

Has she started laying yet? If so, has she stopped laying? Can you post pictures. Constipation is my first guess, but without pictures or more information it can be hard to say. How is she acting?

Has she started laying yet?  If so, has she stopped laying?  Can you post pictures.  Constipation is my first guess, but without pictures or more information it can be hard to say.  How is she acting?

Chick is only 3 weeks old.
I believe it is constipation , she can poop but it looks like its to big to come out all the way. Comes out about 1/4 inch the chick has to get it off with mouth. Starting to chirp at the same time now.
I read somewhere to use molasses but I don't have any tonight. I can pick some up tomorrow unless someone knows a better way to treat?

I have been feeding oats right from the can, just alittle on top of their food to help with pasty butt.
I couldn't find any chick grit so purchased small bag of just grit and put some in with them tonight.

Water is charged 2 times a day and I keep liter clean.

Thanks for helping

Back
Top Bottom