Button eggs are tilting?

Yeah, I set them two weeks ago Saturday night, so they are right at 13-14 days now. I did notice that a few were kind of 'shiny', and a bit sticky feeling when I moved them, but I have tried candling buttons before (not these), and it was useless!! I will try, I just hope I get some out of it! I suppose my little hen i have could always stay with the A&M's she is with now, but it would be nice to have some buddies for her!

Oh I know!! I love eggs too!! Mainly it means I can't eat eggs straight, but if something has a lot of eggs in it, it will make my throat burn or break out too! I used to eat eggs all the time, I guess that's what my problem was!

There's a gal here in town that can't eat chicken eggs, but she can eat turkey eggs...
hmm.png
You might try eating a coturnix egg, or maybe a button egg, to see if they're different enough to not cause problems. I don't know what the difference would be, though. But maybe just try a little bit, to see if you react.

Ok, I did candle some of the button eggs last night. There were some that were obviously clear, and some that I couldn't see into at all hardly. But then there were some that I could clearly see the air sac, but the rest was dark. Not necessarily 'dark', like a chick in there dark, but deffinitely too dark to see anything, other than the air sac. So we will see. Only 1-2 more days!!!
fl.gif

Sound like you have some eggs with chicks in them
smile.png

the dark ones with the air sac should most likely have chicks in them

eggs from Tori always end in cuteness chicks
jumpy.gif

that'd be great if you're able to eat duck eggs tell your ducks they better lay soon or atleast inthe spring for ya
smile.png
That's good too that you seeminly can get away with eating stuff wth eggs in it just not whole. That would still suck though....gah!!! I'm allergic to things i can avoid like evergreens, and sulfate antibiotics lol!

I hope you get plenty of chickies!!!!
big_smile.png

(Thanks Mark... your check is in the mail!
big_smile.png
) LOL!

I'm
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
for you Shelley! The cool thing is that with the proper lighting and nutrition, they will start laying their own eggs at about 6 weeks, so even if you only had one male and one female, in a couple of months you could be starting your own colony!
smile.png
Shipping is just so darn hard on them sometimes!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom