Button or Tibetan? *UPDATE- THEY HATCHED!!* *pics coming soon.......* last page..

wow! glad it doesn't get that cold over here! the weather has been crazy though, last week for 2 days in a row it was nice and warm, 2day it was about 45 its just weird...

sorry, yes i said that b/c of the MD(i use to live in maryland)

anyway, ii'd stray away from ebay honestly, there are plenty of people here with button quail hatching eggs, i'd message quailladyoffortmyers she always has some

thanks mibotsu! I now have 12 cotie eggs in the mail due to arrive in like three days! I soo excited, my coop is ready I just need to put another layer of smaller wire on the bottom so their feet don't fall through and I need to get some gamebird feed. btw the way how much is gamebird feed? I won't be buying it but if its to expensive I don't think my parents would be to happy :S

thumbsup.gif
Show us the pics when they pop! Only a few more days...
pop.gif

I've been candling them and, um, shouldn't I be seeing stuff by now??? I haven't candled them all but only one I can see has a little baby in it :( Could it be fertility? could the shells be to thick for me to see? Is it too early on?

totally agree. Some of these people on eBay are out there just targeting newbies. This time of year I would be surprised if you got 2 or 3 birds out a hatch of ten unless the birds are under good lighting. Also, I don't buy any less than 2 dozen of anything just incase the hatch is poor - I want to make sure I get at least a trio of birds I can breed from. And 37 bucks to ship 10 eggs is rediculus. Hope you stick with it though! it's a great hobby, you just need someone with some knowlege and a good heart to help you get started on the right track!

Edit: Oh I totally didn't see there was another 3 pages to this! Silly Me. Good luck with your hatch - don't be dissapointed if you cant see anything just yet, coturnix eggs can be hard to candle because of their spots. Non-fertile eggs should show light going through on the white part of the eggs, and fertile eggs at ten days in should appear overall dark except for the air sac at the big end.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom