Button Quail Chat

Pics
I'm just lurking because I'm an information junkie who reads everything. I can't have buttons. Not until I have fewer chinchillas, at least.

Cool! Mr Serin is someone i always listen up to. He is Reeeeeally good with his pet things :bow it offers me insight to their behavior and how i can help them be most comfortable. As i am strickly livestock with only the one exceptional pair of pet things i needed this.

I could totally handle that for you :p if you had Any backyard to put Any little hutch into it and an incubator. I am certified and i have 17 color varieties now. Since i know your such an amazing pet bird owner id be glad to gift the eggs to you where u just pay shipping :D

That sounds great, do you have english whites? Still doing research on the cot's needs as pets. I would enjoy raising a brood and keeping two tame/socialized hens as pets, give away any cocks.

I want to get an incubator when I get paid, any recommendations for affordable but not outright crap models?

Last edited:
Cool! Mr Serin is someone i always listen up to. He is Reeeeeally good with his pet things :bow it offers me insight to their behavior and how i can help them be most comfortable. As i am strickly livestock with only the one exceptional pair of pet things i needed this.

Thank you for the compliments. I do strive to provide my critters the best lives I can!

That sounds great, do you have english whites? Still doing research on the cot's needs as pets. I would enjoy raising a brood and keeping two tame/socialized hens as pets, give away any cocks.

I want to get an incubator when I get paid, any recommendations for affordable but not outright crap models?

No sir i dont have anything as tame as the english whites :gig all of my color varieties are crazy colors :D ill look up my list and post a few pictures. You can have all the time youd like, this offer doesnt expire. Im fixing some fertility issues and building up more hens in pens who will each breed true to their special color so now isnt the Best time anyway. Hopefully in another month or so things will be much better. Currently i have a number of mixed pens and at least one hen of each of the roosters colors in each one so that those one things will breed true in each and then as i build enough hens of each color i can move on to other colors. Im sure that doesnt make a whole lot of sense ill break it down better soon in a following post.

Ive heard alot of good things about the jaonel 12 @muddy75 has one. I absolutely :love the brinsea brand but they arent cheap. I lucked out and found each of mine on CL. I know you watch CL too, so if you come across one of them, half price is a steal. Theyre really great! I pd 250 for my biggest one alone, it wouldve originally been 600$ new. 250 is generally too rich for my blood but that thing has easily paid its way. I think it only took 6 months to pay itself off, i kept records but it was bought years ago and id have to really dig for chicken records that old.

Thank you for the compliments. I do strive to provide my critters the best lives I can!

Very welcome! I mean it! Anyone who took one look at Ms. Olive would easily see it :love

Okay got the list in front of me. I have 45 in various stages of growing out including the two who are only 5 days old. There are 32 breeders. Only 4 adult cockbirds as i just eliminated two for poor performance. They are a silver tuxedo, a german pastel 'cream,' a pansy and a Tibetan. Currently i have 21 colors in total though :oops: yall dont tell my husband he has no idea i have this many birds :gig neither did i til i added em up just now :gig i know how many live in each cage i just dont add all those numbers together :p

Now the call name 'German pastel' is a collection of colors that vary greatly. I dont know the names of each of them. I have several growing out and they will have a pen of their own as soon as the sex of those grow outs is determined. Also i have a whole bunch of pearls growing out for them to also have their own breeding cage.

So of course i have the wild type, but then there are falb fee, roux dilute, silver, silver tux, rosetta, red range, red range tux, tibetan, italian, the german pastels, pearl, charcoal, chocolate, pansy, snowie, scarlett, brown barred and this undetermined sandy color who ive yet to find a proper name.

So some pics of course

20191018_184431.jpg

Really excited about this snowie growing out. This color does not breed true but i still love it.
20191001_124208.jpg

Blues and silvers with a germ pat in the next cage photo bombing
20190621_211204.jpg

20190621_211309.jpg

20190619_221724.jpg

I had 5 of 6 button eggs hatch on the first. My cockbird is wild type and my hen is silver. Hoping at least one of these yellow things is actually white not all 3 just silver. Still on the fence about keeping a second breeding pair though. Should probly get new blood if i do. Two cots in there with em.

View attachment 1952547

If you decide to get different blood, I know someone in Houma. Great guy and really dedicated to his birds. If you want eggs, Garrie Landry is also in LA.

Last edited:

I use Little Giant incubators. About $50 at TSC. I use forced air for incubating and still air for hatching.

Back
Top Bottom