Button Quail Color ID

peepsnbunnies

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Central Florida
O.K. Button Quail color experts!! I have 2 buttons that are this color, and I can't figure out if they are male or female or what the color variety is. Any ideas?

1196_img_2625.jpg

I have a couple others that I can't figure out either. I will try to take some pics tomorrow and post them too.

Thanks,
Lisa

For some reason button color is confusing to me! Would you know if it is a male or a female? If so, what would it's mate look like? I am trying to pair up the few that I have correctly according to color (if possible).

Thanks,
Lisa

You're right, It's a blue faced. If it is a male it will have rusty red feathers on it's vent (bottom). It's mate will look just like that but without the rusty red vent feathers. Sometimes this mutation can have white feathers on it's face and chest that are not as uniform as others bibs. This does not mean male of female for this mutation it's just a mark they sometimes have.

Thanks so much quail brain! I have looked for a book with pics of all the colors and mutations, but no luck. I am going right now to check 'rusty vents' LOL

Lisa

big_smile.png
Being as i don't know a lot about button quail. I think that is definitely my favorite. Thank you for sharing because now i am trying to get them to.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom