Button Quail Color Question

Quote:
The colors change so rapidly
smile.png
You have two female red breasteds, 3 male black face red breasted males, and a little blue breasted (depending how far up his red goes) male.

Quote:
The colors change so rapidly
smile.png
You have two female red breasteds, 3 male black face red breasted males, and a little blue breasted (depending how far up his red goes) male.

Thanks so much for all your help! I am surprised that the females who are still such a pale gray will develop the darker reddish tan coloration I've seen in pictures. I am really enjoying watching and learning from these colorful little birds.

Here is a photo of my Cinnamon hen, Ruby, and her brood. So far, she has been the best mother between my two pair.

67591_ruby_brood_51811.jpg

These guys are 10 days old and, to my eyes, all look to be the same color. I'm guessing red breasted or golden red breasted. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Thank you! I know I will have to wait, but I like to theorize based on the chick color charts I've seen. Helps me to try to learn more about what I am looking at and what I am looking for.

For instance, I was told this hen is cinnamon, but she is much lighter than most of the photos of cinnamons I've seen on-line. And would she be considered a "pearl"? I am still uncertain of what the pattern looks like. My silver hen was sold to me as a silver pearl and the pattern is similar between the two hens.

BTW Quaillady, thanks for all your BYC post - I have looked through a ton and they have been very helpful.

I picked up all my youngest quail yesterday and – if I am understanding correctly – the boys (in the colors I have) are the ones with the red feathers around the vents. So it looks like I have 1 female and 5 males: mostly black headed red breasted males based on how my other hatchlings grew out.

Am I correct?

67591_rubys_chicks_5-31.jpg

Back
Top Bottom