button quail eggs on day 12

destinydot6

Songster
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
I started with 20 from ebay i didnt have quail egg trays so i put 1 square piece of toilet paper in each hole and their in a vintage still air incubator with automatic turner their on day 12 I candled a few and seen veins on day 5 do you think they have a chance of hatching? And do i put then on lockdown on day 13 or 14? I have hatched tons out almost 2 years ago and had no problems with hatching them out like popcorn but i didnt have egg turner then nd i hav'nt had much luck with the chicken eggs this time and also they r cover in smoke smell when i got then in mail:/

grrr its 14 nd its allmost day 15 nd still no sign of hatching :-( ugg the waiting is long

and can take up to 18-22 days just be patient they will show when you least expect them to! good luck and have fun!

keep your humidity up now to 60% or so.

Soooo... On my last batch if buttons and tonight is the last night of turning. So before lockdown I have candled. To my surprise, I have one that hatching now! I didn't even see the external pip when I picked it up. But candled and see a lil chick already pipped. Cool, but 3 days early?

so it is day 13? and he is pipping? your temp must have been a bit high or he was developing before being placed in the incubator .where was the egg held prior to being put in the bator? Either way good luck and enjoy your chicks!

Oops was day 14. Now day 15 and... the lil guy is still in the same spot with his lil tiny beak poked out of his pipped hole. I hope he's able to turn so he can zipp. This is the part that worries me. I always hear about how chicks pipped and never made it after that =(

He's the only one. The others are developing on schedule. There was a moment for like 5 mins that it went up to 105 =\ but they all are fine so far.

Back
Top Bottom