Button Quail Fighting

The sight of blood can turn even the most docile, bonded pair into monsters, so as they both have bloody spots on their heads the usual 'should'-s are not really valid. But assuming they don't start pecking at each others wounds and haven't already showed aggression towards each other, they are likely to get along, no matter what sex. But as you already experienced with Elanor and Milo, things can suddenly change. It usually has something to do with hormones.

Thanks DK newbie. I am having such a time figuring out housing for these little things. I have separated Milo and Elanor and Elanor is in with what I now think is a male- he was crowing. They get along fine since both are wounded so now he is the new Milo. I have Elmer and Fern- a lovely couple that go well together. Then the boys- Sam, Merry and Pippin (can't imagine where I got those names lol) who get along famously. I was going to stop there, but a friend convinced me I needed to keep another pair- male and female that I haven't figure out names for. The male escaped and lived in my bedroom for 3 days- I had to put feed and water out for him. I caught him, but he escaped again and scooted down the hall to the spare room. He stayed there one day before getting caught. The friend suggested I name him Scooter. Sounds cute, but what female name goes with that? Anyway I have three more males (one is the former Milo)that I simply can not find a place for in the house. I have advertised, but no serious takers. Any ideas on rehoming them? What does one do with three spare males?

Well.. I actually have 4 spare males right now ^^ Two of them are living together, the other two don't get along with each other nor the two that are together, so they are living separately now. I should pull myself together to make an add, but if I don't manage to sell them, I will likely give them to a friend as snake feed. It's no life for a button to live on its own and it makes no sense for me to keep the two that live together, even if they are not too unhappy - I keep birds to breed them.

Thanks DK newbie. I had not thought of snake feed. I will contact the pet stores and see if they could use them or know of someone who can.

Back
Top Bottom