button quail hatching

Not good as white as that membrane was i tried to get humidity up and put more containers of water in there and couldn't get it past 50percent only only one out of five survived

Can I hi-Jack this thread please? Someone gave me 8 Chinese quail eggs and 8 Japanese quail eggs and Imhave them in the same incubator. Is this wrong? Will they hatch at different times? Also, I am running it dry (man who,gave me the eggs said this) but do I need to increase humidity nearing hatch time? (Guessing around 16 days but could the little ones be earlier? Sorry, but no experience, so any feedback would be great please!

You can lock down both breeds at 14 days. The buttons will hatch by day 16-17 the coturnix by 17-19. I don't do dry hatches so I can't help with lockdown humidity. I incubate at 99.75 degrees and 40-50% humiidity. Lockdown I raise humidity to 60-70% to soften the eggs so the chicks can exit the shell. You can brood them together for the first couple weeks then you will probably want to split them up due the size difference.

Back
Top Bottom