Button quail pictures

Funny!!!
lau.gif
Christmas buttons! lol You have white buttons??? I LOVE white buttons! Can you show a pic of them in your hand so I can tell how big they are? Thanks everyone for the great info and care the the buttons!

I don't have a picture of one in my hand, bu there is one of a couple in one cage.
I have 9 white Buttons in all.
IMG_0305.jpg

I'm working towards getting all of mine in pairs but I went a bit nutz last year
hatching and ended up with 66 of the little fuzzy butts....

love.gif
AW! They are the CUTEST Little things EVER! I want them! Where can I get buttons from? I would want them just for pets and then later I might breed a few of them!

I have a problem with mine jumping up and banging their heads on the tops of their cages. I finally put them in a plastic tub only about 6-8 inches tall .I cut the center ouit of the top and put wire in the hole for ventaltion.,leaving at least six inches all the way around the hole solid. It seems to have slowed their jumping down.My two hens have lost all the feathers on their backs from the male breeding. Should I remove him and only allow conjucal vists? If so how often away nad how long back together?

46478_jap-and-chi.jpg

one of my coturnix with one of my buttons 3 days old

46478_pileoquail2.jpg

best photo I can find of my brooder - containing coturnix but just as good for buttons
it had a previous life as an acoustic hood for a noisy lineflow printer, but it's basically a wooden box with an acrylic lid. We use a lightbulb with a terracotta pot over it for heat. There is a cardboard box over the pot for the first few days because otherwise they jam themselves in behind it and cook themselves. Quail chicks have suicidal tendencies. A few hours after the photo was taken, we found the chicks standing on each other in a pyramid formation like a circus act, and one of the chicks had just fallen through one of the hand holes in the box that we thought were far too high for them to get into. Luckily we were there in time to retrieve him. No they weren't cold they just felt like playing acrobat

I have a wooden custom made brooder it is wooden, kind of a neat little thing the boy scouts made. Here is a picture of the buttons in it I will try to get a picture of the brooder later. to show how small they are that is a baby food jar lid with water in it.

20051_img_4202.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom