Button quail puked on me?

The Birb King

Bird is the word
Dec 10, 2022
Earth
Well something really weird just happened. While I was feeding my chickens and button quail, I noticed my 5 week old cinnamon male was not acting right. He spent a lot of time standing in the back with his eyes closed. I picked him up to examine him, and a few seconds later he puked up a clear liquid all over my hand. It was pretty weird and gross, but has anyone ever had this happen or know what it is?

We need a lot more information to guess on that.

What are you feeding him?
What is his setup like?
What does his poop look like?
Are any of your other birds showing symptoms?
Is he eating and drinking?

To start with, you should probably separate him from your other birds. This will help keep him from spreading it if he does have a disease and will allow you to observe and see if he's eating, drinking, and pooping. Keep him in a warm, dim area to help him relax.

We need a lot more information to guess on that.

What are you feeding him?
What is his setup like?
What does his poop look like?
Are any of your other birds showing symptoms?
Is he eating and drinking?

To start with, you should probably separate him from your other birds. This will help keep him from spreading it if he does have a disease and will allow you to observe and see if he's eating, drinking, and pooping. Keep him in a warm, dim area to help him relax.
Well I checked on him again a few hours ago and he seems perfectly fine now. He is eating, drinking, pooping and moving fine. In fact he and his buddies even got pretty hyper and started jumping around 🤣 I normally feed them baby chick feed because it is high in protein, a separate container of oyster shell for calcium, and I occasionally give them grass or vegetables too. I dont think he is actually sick I think sometimes they just act weird for no reason but I will keep an eye on him.

You probably inadvertently caused him to spew the contents of his crop on you. Just watch over him to be sure and congratulations on the score. If you live as long as I have, you will lose count of all the times that something or someone threw up on you.

You probably inadvertently caused him to spew the contents of his crop on you. Just watch over him to be sure and congratulations on the score. If you live as long as I have, you will lose count of all the times that something or someone threw up on you.
I think this is actually the first time something has thrown up on me (except for bugs maybe)

Back
Top Bottom