Button Quail Sitting on Eggs!

PS, those are awesome pics, thank you for sharing!
I have a thread going rn if u want to watch, she's about to hatch 6 around dec7th Darth babies well the dad's a Darth morph and she's a pied plus I got her also sitting on 2 coturnix eggs that are a week in and alive plus after candling the ones in my incubator 7 are alive , it's all combined for this hatch (wasn't expecting her to go broody again didn't even finish bonding her to Lucifer yet , yes Darth luci) yours look like my Ms Vladimir and Mr savi can't wait to see what comes out of your batch

I have a thread going rn if u want to watch, she's about to hatch 6 around dec7th Darth babies well the dad's a Darth morph and she's a pied plus I got her also sitting on 2 coturnix eggs that are a week in and alive plus after candling the ones in my incubator 7 are alive , it's all combined for this hatch (wasn't expecting her to go broody again didn't even finish bonding her to Lucifer yet , yes Darth luci) yours look like my Ms Vladimir and Mr savi can't wait to see what comes out of your batch

Yeah, the male isn't QUITE a Darth Vader, so I named him Anakin. ;) He's finally got the hang of guarding, and has stopped running around like a ninny. I'm curious to see what the 16th-17 will bring.

Yeah, the male isn't QUITE a Darth Vader, so I named him Anakin. ;) He's finally got the hang of guarding, and has stopped running around like a ninny. I'm curious to see what the 16th-17 will bring.
Got me watching and waiting

Dangit, she kicked them out permanently yesterday. She had been unhappy with one the past few days. Not sure if she decided it wasn't time to sit afterall (freakin' December!) or if she could tell the eggs stopped developing.

That said, I do know what the offspring look like, because I have hatched (and sold) some artificially before. :) I'll include pics of those youngsters as a consolation prize. Maybe she will sit and hatch naturally next spring.

original_a3443ff5-88c9-49bb-bca6-2fee74b5a7cb_20210525_182742_HDR.jpg
BlueGoldPearl.jpg

Dangit, she kicked them out permanently yesterday. She had been unhappy with one the past few days. Not sure if she decided it wasn't time to sit afterall (freakin' December!) or if she could tell the eggs stopped developing.

That said, I do know what the offspring look like, because I have hatched (and sold) some artificially before. :) I'll include pics of those youngsters as a consolation prize. Maybe she will sit and hatch naturally next spring.

View attachment 2922197
View attachment 2922199
Good luck, Shana is due I'm about to go home and see if there's any babies

Back
Top Bottom