Button quail

Julie45

Chirping
Oct 23, 2021
Ok i am new hear so dont no if this post is in right place i hatched 13 button quail now 2 weeks will be looking to rehome some question is at what age can u sale them i am in irvine scotland thanks

You can rehome them at any time provided the person you're selling/giving them to has the means to take care of them. They should be off of heat by 3-4 weeks old (for indoor temperatures). I usually start looking to rehome my button chicks at about 6 weeks.

You can rehome them at any time provided the person you're selling/giving them to has the means to take care of them. They should be off of heat by 3-4 weeks old (for indoor temperatures). I usually start looking to rehome my button chicks at about 6 weeks.
Do u just remove the heat plate from cage at four weeks sorry new to this still learning .or do u start moving it up on legs thanks for any info 😁

I use a heat lamp, so I raise it a bit every week until I take it away. This lowers the temp in the brooder a bit at a time.
I had them on heat lamp first week😁changed to the heat plate light in house was so red lol😁there all feather change every day cant believe how fast they grow and change .only thing I read with heat plate said ones not going under anymore remove so keep a wee eye

Back
Top Bottom