1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buy/Sell forum question

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by keystonepaul, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keystonepaul

keystonepaul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Pocono
    I was looking through the classified section of BYC and there are a large percentage of ads there that have no state listed in the title and some that don't even have it listed in the body of the ad as well????? am i missing where the location is posted? didn't listing at least the state used to be a requirement/ recommendation for the buy/sell forum. As it is now, unless I'm missing something (which could be a distinct possibility), it's tedious and a time waster and something I won't be going to much. I read the 10 rules for posting and adding the location wasn't one of them. Thanks, Keystonepaul

1 person likes this.
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We don't force people to put their location in their ads.

But like you pointed out, sellers can potentially lose a lot of sales by not doing so.

3. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    It was so nice to be able to sort listings on the old bst system by location.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  4. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by