1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buying Mandarin Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HorseLady1, May 3, 2014.

1. HorseLady1

HorseLady1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2014
    I want to buy mandarin ducks (either the really colorful ones or I believe silver). I have looked everywhere and the prices are ridiculous, so does anyone have a pair (of either the colorful one or silver) up for sale that isn't a ridiculous price. I DO NOT want eggs or day old ducklings. I want them to be about two weeks of age to 6 months of age. Here are pictures of them and I want pictures of the ones you guys are (possibly) selling me.

[​IMG] The colorful ones.

[​IMG] (Back right looks grey-ish) or the silver mandarin.

PLEASE! Don't take me to Mallard Lane Farms, because they have ridiculous prices. Anything would help me, but note I won't be able to buy them until almost 2015. So if you sell them regularly and have lower prices and pictures of them, I would be happy to keep your ducks in mind.

2. HorseLady1

Apr 7, 2014
    BTW: I want the back right one (that was just incase you didn't get it. I don't want the white ones, the silver or colorful are fine with me. And I can not get them for a while, we are currently building a pond and an enclosed space for them, so it will be awhile. If you have both types I would like a male and female of both, depending on price and shipping. Oops, I put 6 months I meant to put 1 month. Thank you!

3. Speceider

Speceider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    The prices Mallard Lane has are not ridiculous... that's about normal for mandies and silver wood ducks.

Clint

4. HorseLady1

Apr 7, 2014
    So I'm supposed to pay $200 for around 1 or 2 ducks?

5. Speceider

Speceider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011

Yeah if you want silver wood ducks....wasn't that long ago they $500/pair.

Clint

6. marysmandies

marysmandies New Egg

Oct 31, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by