Buying quails need advices

Yanisay

Chirping
Mar 20, 2022
Hi I’m getting probaly two quails next month so I need advice on how to take care of them and what to buy,I have had quails before and one of my biggest problems were that they will always have mud stuck to their feet so please help me fix that issue with my new quails,also how do I keep them warm at winter since it snows a whole ton in my town,please give me any advices anything will be helpful:)

You can check out my quail article for some basics.
QUAIL BASICS for BEGINNERS

~QUAIL BASICS FOR BEGINNERS*~ *The information and advice in this article are based solely on my personal experience and research. Cover photo from @Kiki. All quail in photos are different varieties of Coturnix quail and their eggs, including Pharoah, Jumbo, Pansy Fee, Pansy, Rosetta, Rosetta...

@Nabiki and @Kiki have a lot more quail knowledge though!

What kind of quail? If they are coturnix quail, then I hope they're both hens.

I would start in the articles section unde learning center, other for, quail. There are a lot of good articles there.

As for the mid/poop balls, it sounds like you need to keep their area cleaner. It it's clean and dry, you won't have that problem. If they already have the balls, put a shallow layer of water and some pebbles into a container and let them walk around in it for 30 minutes or until it comes off.

I would start in the articles section unde learning center, other for, quail. There are a lot of good articles there.

As for the mid/poop balls, it sounds like you need to keep their area cleaner. It it's clean and dry, you won't have that problem. If they already have the balls, put a shallow layer of water and some pebbles into a container and let them walk around in it for 30 minutes or until it comes off.
Oh thanks so much I will definitely keep my new quails in a cleaner area,thanks for the treatmen you gave me I will definitely need it:)

You can check out my quail article for some basics.

~QUAIL BASICS FOR BEGINNERS*~ *The information and advice in this article are based solely on my personal experience and research. Cover photo from @Kiki. All quail in photos are different varieties of Coturnix quail and their eggs, including Pharoah, Jumbo, Pansy Fee, Pansy, Rosetta, Rosetta...

@Nabiki and @Kiki have a lot more quail knowledge though!
Thanks for article there were many useful informations in there especially for a beginner like me:) I only have one more question since I don’t have a good vet in my town can you please tell me some basic natural remedies on how to treat sick quails,that will really be helpfu:)

And oh I will definitely get coturnix quails since they are easy to raise:)

Thanks for article there were many useful informations in there especially for a beginner like me:) I only have one more question since I don’t have a good vet in my town can you please tell me some basic natural remedies on how to treat sick quails,that will really be helpfu:)
Some say natural remedies don’t work, and I cannot object or confirm that because I do not remember myself using any from the time that we had quail.

If you're getting only two coturnix, make sure they're both hens. Roos need at least three hends, preferably five or six.
Oh well then,I was planning on buying a male and a female but that seems to have an issue,I will get only two hens then,thanks allot:)

Oh well then,I was planning on buying a male and a female but that seems to have an issue,I will get only two hens then,thanks allot:)
I'm usually okay with a pair. It's when there is more than one roo that things get weird -- even if the roos are in separate cages and near one another. Honestly, pairs sometimes seem most content (and least bald, in my opinion).

Right now, I'm reconsidering whether quail really are social creatures. It's been a tough week.

I have to agree with Nabiki: if you can get two hens that's the easiest and most productive.

Back
Top Bottom