BYC Couples

Pics
Yes, her intestines.
It's been a while, but from what I can recall, she was very lethargic, pale, and overall sickly. What tipped off Overo, who I was talking to about this, were the lump in her abdomen and the fact that she'd been laying lash eggs here and there.
Oh, my! That's super cool. Well, not for the poor hen.
So were there fully formed yolks or anything in the cavity, or just that one shelled, flesh/lash-coated egg I can see?

Yes, her intestines.
It's been a while, but from what I can recall, she was very lethargic, pale, and overall sickly. What tipped off Overo, who I was talking to about this, were the lump in her abdomen and the fact that she'd been laying lash eggs here and there.
(And something less gross -- the toughie who dealt with this for a while):
DSC_8428.JPG

RSL. Of course. Poor sweetheart.
Yeah, my first batch were/are all ISA Browns. Ran, the one pictured, is the only one that I lost to illness -- three others vanished during the day, and I still have two sticking around.
One of them has a rock-hard, swollen abdomen, but she's acting perfectly fine. Maybe a little sleepy during the day, but her biggest issue is how back-heavy she is from whatever's growing inside her abdomen (probably more salpingitis, honestly). Poor thing can't flutter very well.

Got any more photos?
They're not gross when I have no attachment to the chicken, lol.

How old was she?
Unfortunately, no, those are the only photos of the infection that were taken. I probably should have taken more, but, well, first culling and it was one of my first girls, so... eh.
My biggest regret is that I never got around to looking at the sample we took under a microscope. It went bad before we got around to it, so that was that.

Back
Top Bottom