BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Em please rest up and take it easy as you mend.
fl.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Scott thank you so very much for letting us know how she is doing.
hugs.gif
And you are a great DH so in your case I know the D means Dear and Darling both. You are a sweetie
hugs.gif
I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of the chickens. This type of thing is unpredicable but sad none the less.
hit.gif

I bet the nurses did really wonder what type of friends your wife has
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
I hope you let them off the hook
roll.png
big_smile.png
lau.gif
lau.gif

SE have a great time at the banquet and tell Travis we are all proud of him
ya.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

Well I have been taking my shift to man the fires and keep us and the greenhouse warm. DH went to bed at 4am. I got up about 2:30. So far so good.
clap.gif
It is suppose to be in mid 20's today
woot.gif
a heat wave coming in
gig.gif
Later today DH is going to put on his lumberjack hat or is I'm a Logger hat?
gig.gif
He going after a couple more loads of fire wood.

Well I gota get busy on my babyghan squares. Tata for now

big_smile.png
Karan

Well haven't gotten to the crocheting yet made more coffee than headed out to feed and water
chickens,

ducks,

horses

and outside dog.

Then I fed the fires again.

I did bring 3 nice warm fresh eggs with me and 1 frozen duck egg
gig.gif

it's 21 degrees here and the sun is shinning
woot.gif

Well I got some to do
tongue.gif

and some sweeping and mopping soooo, I guess I best get to it.
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Oh Em and family! Thanks for updating us, Scott. I am sooo sorry about your chickens!
hugs.gif
Glad that Em is coming out of surgery well. Prayers and best wishes for healing.

I am locked out of my chicken coop today. Hubby left town with both sets of coop keys. I am on a quest to find a lock cutter that will cut through a master padlock. Wish me luck. At least it is not as cold today...
hmm.png
but I still need to get out there.

Warm wishes and hot chocolate and cozy days for everyone today. Hope everyone has a good weekend with lots of rest and healing and love.
love.gif

Oh goodness Risu!!! If all else fails, a sawzall, some nails and a hammer to fix the hole where ya cut through !!!
I went to the hospital yesterday and checked on my uncle. He's doing good, sitting up and talking. Monday, his balance was off while sitting up, and they had him on a puree diet. Yesterday he was up to solids, but not eating good, I think he just doesnt think a sandwich was a good lunch. Told the nurse to try with some foods he does like, try a banana first. Oh, good idea.. *duh*
He's pretty loopy.
gig.gif
Doesnt follow a conversation that well, it comes and goes. Doesnt recall names fast. But that can also be the medicine partly. They got him on some goood stuff. He has a compression fracture on C2. hmmmm that sounds familiar... Jim had C2, C3,C4&5 were shattered, C6... lol C3 is where all of the breathing, heart and the other involuntary functions are...
Em, heal quick, sorry bout the roo..

Scott, thanks for updating us on Em! And I understand her worrying about folks here more than family. I check on my sisters & brothers here more often than I check on most of my family too!
hugs.gif
Tell Em that we
love.gif
her and hope she heals much quicker now. We don't have chickens, but I do sympathize with ya'll. It's hard to loose any animal you care about!
All you who are dealing with the bitter cold are in my prayers. Keep safe! It was down to 9 here last night, and will probably not get over 25 today, but we know the warmer weather will be back in a day or so.
Stephanie, so glad your uncle is doing better. Sounds like he is on some really good meds!
We've got a family reunion this afternoon. I put a pork roast in the crock pot last night, and woke up about 5, hungry from the smell! Can't wait to get there to eat. Our family are all wonderful cooks, so if we are still hungry when we leave, it's our own fault. Taking my babyghan along to work on while we ride. Should have it finished by tomorrow evening. I'll send pics when it's done!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about chickens.
sad.png
That is so sad. I still dearly miss my dear Lady Bird. She went way before her time.
hit.gif
She'll never be replaced!!
I have been at work on my chicken hat. I am having so much fun. I threw the homespun down and grabbed some ecru white sport yarn. I hate homespun!!!!!!!!
he.gif
Never can find my stitches. She is starting to look a lot like a leghorn.
big_smile.png
Syd is so excited!!! She is learning to crochet now!
Temp is a little above 30 now. Heat wave.
yippiechickie.gif

Have a nice weekend everyone!!

Just finished it up! Thought I would share. I finally got the wings to look right. I tried a few different things and came up with those. I used the scallop stitch I used on my mesh hats. The better I get at crochet the more fun it is!!!!

Pics are a bit dark. Camera is acting up.

17124_picture_159.jpg

17124_picture_157.jpg

17124_picture_158.jpg

Hey All! I am trying to catch up on all the news I missed, but you gals are really chattin up a storm (500+ pages), probably be a while before I get that read. I am sorry to hear about the chickens Em and Scott. The weather here has finally turned up a bit so that is good.

Lovemychix You did a super job on that chicken hat
clap.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
Hey pretty cute model too
love.gif

Tiki good to hear from you miss here and the babyghan thread
frow.gif

Sk
hide.gif
good news that your Uncle is improving
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

Rocket did ya get to check on your chickens? Did ya do some breaking and enter?
gig.gif

Well gang I've been up since 2:30am so I am going down for a nap. Now where's my teddy bear?

Check in later.
big_smile.png
Karan Zzzzzzzzzz

Ummmm....
tongue.png
duh! I was showing my daughter the pics of her online and we noticed we forgot the other waddle on the chicken. For all concerned about our one waddle chicken hat she now has two waddles.
lau.gif

I hear ya Karan. I was up at 5 to work on that hat so I could see it done today. With 2 little ones and I do daycare on sat. mornings I don't get to play much. I could take a little nappy myself but I have a get together with my inlaws tonight.
barnie.gif
Hope they have cocktails.
wee.gif

I know I have missed so much news on here and I'm so sorry. I've been so busy and one of my resolutions was to catch up on my scrapbooking. I don't want to get overwelmed with that. I just don't want my youngest without as many as I made for my daughter. I said I would never get behind. They are beautiful!! Yes....I'm bragging.
wink.png
A lot of time but I know they are worth it. Darn crochet addiction is interferring.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom