BYC Drawing Club(NEW!!!)

Quote: K, I am NO expert nor am I as good as this, but he has no shading on his suit which makes it kinda hard to see everything else. So, if you chose a kind of off-black, like almost a dark dark dark dark dark purple tone, and then shaded it, it would be awesome. :D But the rest of him is epic!
I am working on the suit. If I do slightly lighter shades it may help. But black is tricky. I am still learning. And thanks :) My book is epic.. I want epic illustrations!

You don't need to make the black lighter. Keep it dark and add highlights. It's the same concept of pushing values.

To experiment, take a sheet of black paper and use a piece of white chalk to draw one of your characters. You should be able to accomplish the same values by adding highlights as you would with black on a white piece of paper.
Thats what I meant buy lighter shades was highlighting I just don't want the uniform to appear glossy.

Thats what I meant buy lighter shades was highlighting I just don't want the uniform to appear glossy.

I don't think it would make it appear glossy. It should be the same as taking something light and pushing dark values to give it form.

I don't know much about digital art, but if it wouldn't take you too long to do, I'd love to see this image with added highlights in the suit.

How is this for black Wohooo One of my bad guys he he he

LL

Back
Top Bottom